Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Alright. I've tried just about every configuration listed in this and other threads and I can see NO NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE in performance. NONE.

Time for me to uninstall, I think.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Alright. I've tried just about every configuration listed in this and other threads and I can see NO NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE in performance. NONE.

Time for me to uninstall, I think.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.... and you downloaded both
    the Palm Kernel and Uberkernel on your phone?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    anyone else as enthusiastic as errbin?
    I can't wait to increase my pre with the superkernal, first thing I'm doing when I get off work!
    I need to get to ten posts, so I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all the devs and all the other knowledgeable and helpful people of the Palm community. You guys rock!
    And by the way, Govnah and UberKernel kick ***, the pixi is so much snappier.
    great post...I just order a pixi plus.

hope it can be faster
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    Mmmmmmmmmmm.... and you downloaded both
    the Palm Kernel and Uberkernel on your phone?
    yes. i made sure to follow all that before i installed UK. in preware, i pull up the palm kernel and it does not show the option to remove...only for uberkernel. is that normal? i wasn't planning to remove the palm kernel, but when i did a search for "kernel" and they both appeared, the little green arrow symbol only showed up next to the uberkernel.

i know i went through the whole process of installing the palm first, saying "later" when it asked to restart and then installing the uberkernel...then restarting.
    I'm not a terribly tech savy person and reading through all these threads has me a little over-whelmed. Would someone be willing to post a fairly detailed point by point list of instructions on how to install and configure all this? I would like to take adavange of anything I can do to speed up my Pixi Plus. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    ^^^^^

There's two "codes" for developer mode are as follows:
    upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart or webos20090606
    you must turn on developer mode and restart your phone before installing anything
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    well, i made the leap and at first i must say i do notice an improvement, that is i have no more lags when opening cards, so it does feel snappier

however, last night i noticed that my sounds have gone !
    i can only select/add ringtones! for example i have pixi sound for receiving calls still selected but i get a simple ping tone and i can not select anyother sounds anymore !
    anyone else had this issue?
    i hav not installed anyother new apps other than govnah and uberkernel
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i tried repair utility but it came back with rom incompatibility errors (i have 1.4.5), so tool did not work. quickinstall downloaded my doctor version so i do not know why it is now incompatible unless i should remove preware patches before doing a repair ?

anyway i next removed uber kernel and next preware - still no ringtones. Then did a reset apps and data and voilą my standard ringtones returned !

i may install uber kernel again to see if it is related ..
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    not much activity on this thread.
    okay for those of you still hesitant if to go for uberkernel, i reinstalled it and so far so good. i still have my standard ringtones.

i must say that uberkernel, i have set it to fixed speed 600, does make a huge difference. the pixi+ does feel more swift. w/o uberkernel i often find the pixi+ to have a big lag opening cards.

anyway, give it a try, it is worth the effort, and thx to the developers !
    chapeau !
    I really just don't understand where you folks are seeing improvements. I have not noticed the slightest bit of difference in performance after installing these and changing the settings.
    yeah, me neither.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    It is not that i notice a huge speed improvement but w/o uberkernel my pixi+ gets sluggish really quick after a few days. especially when working with several cards constantly open the phone can really get annoyingly slow in response. with uberkernel i do not have these issues anymore

i also have two touchstones, one at home and one at work, works like a charm
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    do you have to download both kernal and uberkernal? I only hav uberkernal
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    sorry to say i removed uberkernel again as my ringtones have vanished again....
    i've tested compcache with 16mb and also 24mb. I find that with 16mb, my pixi plus is much2 snappier..
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    6 days later back on original rom w/o uberkernel i still have my ringtones.

So am i the only one having this issue with uberkernel making my ringtones disappear?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345