Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of installing uberkernel on my pixi but I'm hesitated due to living
    in Arizona. My pixi temperature just sitting in a room is 85 degrees. When in use
    it's raises to 95+ (yesterday on the way home my temperature alert sounded twice
    when I talking on the my phone)

thoughts on my concerns?

should I just install uberkernel and continue monitoring the temperature
    or just leave my pixi as is
    I haven't seen any issues with temperature. mine was reading 27 yesterday, the highest its gone is like 34.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    what's that in Celsius? so your running at 80 to about 93 degrees right?

yesterday it was 109 degrees outside that's what I'm worried about
    under 45 degrees. your fine
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I live in mesa az and I'm running the uber on my sprint palm pixi. I have gotten this thing up to 54c and the most that I will do is just turn it off for a bit. So don't fret. And do it beacause it's worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    I'm thinking of installing uberkernel on my pixi but I'm hesitated due to living
    in Arizona. My pixi temperature just sitting in a room is 85 degrees. When in use
    it's raises to 95+ (yesterday on the way home my temperature alert sounded twice
    when I talking on the my phone)

thoughts on my concerns?

should I just install uberkernel and continue monitoring the temperature
    or just leave my pixi as is
    Uberkernel is not overclocking the pixi right now, so it shouldn't have any impact on your phone's temp.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    SOoo any advice as to what to do about the [still expected] update? or any future updates for that matter? i REALLY want UK but would like to know if ill need to doctor my pixi in a few days
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Is Uberkernal now compatible with Pixi Plus - AT&T version?
    whats the diff between the warthog kernel for pixi and UK kernel for Pixi. I installed the UK kernel on my wife's Pixi and it she was very happy. Will the warthog kernel offer significant gains?
    Warthog was the beta to uber i believe.
    How can I delete profiles in Govnah?
    Last edited by jimlat; 07/03/2010 at 04:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguyslim View Post
    When it comes to updates, how do we go about it? Do we have to doctor the phone to put it back to regular settings and then update? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by netzer119 View Post
    SOoo any advice as to what to do about the [still expected] update? or any future updates for that matter? i REALLY want UK but would like to know if ill need to doctor my pixi in a few days

any advice for both these questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlat View Post
    Hoe can I delete profiles in Govnah?
    Swipe to delete.
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    any advice for both these questions?
    well i did some research and apparently patches as well as kernels do NOT need to be uninstalled before updating, only themes do. kernels SHOULD be able to be updated through preware im guessing and if an update is not available, it will simply be a placeholder just like with patches
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Ok

Last edited by errbin; 07/04/2010 at 01:29 PM.
    Install govnah, then Install The pixi recovery kernel. No luna restart. Install uber kernel, luna restart. Govnah registers as an app and won't require a restart.
    Ok so (Just like Suz said) I reinstalled Govnah 0.6.1 (The only version I could find in Preware) and UberK on my wife's Pixi, but Govnah won't give me an option to enable compcache. I'm not sure how I did it before though...I think I just tapped one of the scrolling profiles in the Govnah menu. Anyway, that is not working and I was wondering if anyone knew why. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    Ok so (Just like Suz said) I reinstalled Govnah 0.6.1 (The only version I could find in Preware) and UberK on my wife's Pixi, but Govnah won't give me an option to enable compcache. I'm not sure how I did it before though...I think I just tapped one of the scrolling profiles in the Govnah menu. Anyway, that is not working and I was wondering if anyone knew why. Thanks
    In the new version of Govnah, tap the profile you're using, when the profiles screen opens, tap at the top where it say Advanced Settings, in there you will find Compressed Swap and that is the new compcache!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have a Pixi Minus (sprint) and I swear it seems "slower" than before. I don't really play any games, just noticing some apps and launcher being skippy when popping out. Maybe I have a setting I need to turn on.

I read up some on it but do not know enough about what it all means, so either run the 600 min/max or the "Palm Default". its the default that seems to be slower than with the stock kernel. "Fix Speed 600" just seems to run it like normal, I don't see an improvement over before. Is there some settings I can tweak to make it run better? I have 72 apps and 24 patches according to preware, so I'm sure that accounts for the slow down in the launcher. I have 7 pages so they don't all scroll down, but the ones that do lag bad. I don't use any themes though. Is it hopeless and need to uninstall some or are there some settings I could try.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    In the new version of Govnah, tap the profile you're using, when the profiles screen opens, tap at the top where it say Advanced Settings, in there you will find Compressed Swap and that is the new compcache!
    Got it (Thanks), but every time I switch it to true (compcache) and hit appply settings, when it goes back to the advanced setting screen is still says disabled. then I go back in and it is back at false. Any ideas?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast