Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Most Pixi owners have heard from me about RS closing out Pixi Touchstones for $13.97 and Pixi TS backs for $6.97. But I have found other Pixi accessory bargains.

eBay has some deals on Palm Pixi 3443WW ($49.99) batteries for $8.50 as here:

New OEM Palm Pre 157-10119-00 Battery 3443w Pixi Pixe - eBay (item 120581310862 end time Jul-09-10 14:59:08 PDT)

and for the Palm 3404WW external battery charger (found in the $82.48 Spare Battery Kit) for $5.99 here:

Palm 3404WW Treo 800w OEM External Battery Charger - eBay (item 270585055383 end time Jul-26-10 05:38:41 PDT)

Although description says its for a Palm 800w, it is the same p/n as for the Pre/Pixi and it has a micro USB connector on the back in addition to the standard PalmOS power connector. This is useful because I can use my old Treo power adapter and car adapter to charge a Pixi/Pre battery without tying up my Pixi charger. So for a total of $14.50, I now have the equivalent of Palm's $109.97 (retail but now on "sale" for $82.48) Spare Battery Kit. Am I clever or what?
    That's awesome! I'll be doing some shopping this friday! Thanks for the heads up!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I would not wait until Friday to go to R-S. Most stores have VERY limited supplies of Pixi backs and Touchstones. And, since these are close-outs, there will be no back-orders, on-line sales etc. I'd suggest phoning your local R-S stores NOW, ask what Palm accessories they have, how much and how long they will hold them for you, since you are coming in later this week to look at a big screen TV and home entertainment system <BG>.

I have personally cleaned out three R-S stores in my area.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philesk View Post
    I would not wait until Friday to go to R-S. Most stores have VERY limited supplies of Pixi backs and Touchstones. And, since these are close-outs, there will be no back-orders, on-line sales etc. I'd suggest phoning your local R-S stores NOW, ask what Palm accessories they have, how much and how long they will hold them for you, since you are coming in later this week to look at a big screen TV and home entertainment system <BG>.

I have personally cleaned out three R-S stores in my area.
    Here is the R-S link for the Pixi T-S back for $5.97:

Palm Pixi Touchstone Back Cover (Black) : Palm Phone Covers | RadioShack.com.

You can't order online, BUT you can check available stock at nearby R-S retail stores. Just click on "Find It In Store" enter your zipcode and VOILA. I'd phone first though.

Here is the R-S link for the Pixi Pink Zip Leather Case for $11.97:

Palm Pixi Zip Leather Case (Pink) - RadioShack.com.

I can no longer find a link for the Touchstone (model 3454WW).
    Maybe stores with backs might have a Touchstone. But, I think the word on R-S bargains is out...
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    just called my rs prices are correct and instock ty
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thanks, Philesk! Just ran to R-S and picked up a Touchstone and back for my Pixi. Even the sales guy was shocked by the price
    Picked up a Touchstone at RS today... wasn't going to mess with it because I didn't see the point, but then I used it in my car on the way back, and I am going back this evening to get the last one on the shelf!

It was listed on the shelf as full price (there were no JUST touchstone cases, they all had the PRE back with it), at $60 for the touchstone/pre back, and $18 for the Pixi back, but when he scanned it in, they were the sale price. Touchstone = $16, Pixi back = $5.

Gotta have one for my car and my nightstand now.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    Picked up a Touchstone at RS today... wasn't going to mess with it because I didn't see the point, but then I used it in my car on the way back, and I am going back this evening to get the last one on the shelf!

It was listed on the shelf as full price (there were no JUST touchstone cases, they all had the PRE back with it), at $60 for the touchstone/pre back, and $18 for the Pixi back, but when he scanned it in, they were the sale price. Touchstone = $16, Pixi back = $5.

Gotta have one for my car and my nightstand now.
    They are addictive. I now have four T-S. One for nightstand, one for office, one for car, one to travel. Also ectra battery and external charger. I'll NEVER run out of power <BG>.
    I lied, I am holding the last one in my hand, it is $70, not $60 regularly. I'm also ordering a sedio battery and external charger. Too bad they aren't 80% off too...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    I lied, I am holding the last one in my hand, it is $70, not $60 regularly. I'm also ordering a sedio battery and external charger. Too bad they aren't 80% off too...
    Did you see this?

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...79#post2528397

Best deal for a standard Pixi battery and charger $14.50....
    lol, yeah, it is at the top of this page. I was hesitant to order it because I wanted to order the OEM palm charger (that I can't post the URL to because I don't have enough posts), and the Sedio extended life battery.

I really want to make sure I don't fry any batteries and then fry the phone. It seems these phones work fine as long as you don't go crazy with homebrew or try to mess with the OEM intentions for the battery.

BUT... you are right, this is too much of a deal to pass up. I'll take your word on the compatibility.
    I ordered 10 of the charges and will resale them here locally
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I ordered 10 of the charges and will resale them here locally
    Here's another bargain accessory idea:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...iniUSB+adapter