1.    #1  
    I'm new to the web os and palm family, I just want to say, I LOVE my phone! I am with AT&T, and got the phone right after it became free with my upgrade. It's really been quite a bit of fun figuring it all out, as I've always stuck with samsung and motorola phones(will probably NEVER go back!)

I have spent a ton of time reading on these forums and when I have a problem (the latest being figuring out why my ringtones weren't playing for text messages, I'm at the moment converting the m4a files to mp3) and picking up handy little hints and tricks, even though I've found the answers to all my questions searching them, a big huge THANK you to those of you who actually asked the questions and those of you who answered them!!! This system and phone are way too much fun!

I'd say the only thing I'm not liking, but working on and getting used to is the battery, but it seems a lot of people have that issue, plus, I realize since it's still so new to me, I'm spending a ton of time on it playing, and I know that has some to do with the drain on the battery, so thanks again! This forum is great!!!
    Welcome to PreCentral.

You will need to give your battery several charging cycles before you have a sense of how long it will last for you. Here are some tips for extending your battery life:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1736571
    get a touchstone! The most amazing accesory on the market. You will figure out the ringtones in no time and can easily set ringtones for txt messages
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    The Pixi will play m4a files.
    The Pixi has issues playing m4a files as text and email alerts. Works fine for Call Ringtones, but fails for these alerts. Confirmed by Palm and a fix is in the works.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    get a touchstone! The most amazing accesory on the market. You will figure out the ringtones in no time and can easily set ringtones for txt messages
    I agree with the touchstone. Radioshack has them for $13.96. I pick one up along with the back for 20 bucks. Although i do like to play with my phone while its charging.
    welcome to the webos family!
  8.    #8  
    Thank you! I will definitely look into getting a touchstone!

I've got the ringtones all set up(made my daughter and boyfriend keep texting me til I got it right, lol)

thanks again for the welcome!

thanks for the battery thread link!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Get a spare battery, external charger, Touchstone back and one or more Touchstones. See my post here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...cessories.html
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    I agree with the touchstone. Radioshack has them for $13.96. I pick one up along with the back for 20 bucks. Although i do like to play with my phone while its charging.
    Touchstone backs for Pixi/Pixi Plus are now down the $6.97 at many Radio Shack stores. I got two last week (an extra, just in case). I also cleaned out one R-S supply of Touchstones (got two). While supplies last, so you may have to visit several R-S stores to find them. R-S also has those pink Pixi cases - not very manly, but confirms my thought that the Pixi's target market was women. With AT&T's $-0- deal on the Pixi+, and R-S close-out deals on all things Palm, my Pixi Plus has turned out to be the best phone bargain I've ever had.
  11.    #11  
    I'm a woman, so pink would work, mine has a blue case(it was the free one) If they are that inexpensive, I think I'll get one for my home and for my office(just in case!)