1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, I am new (just got a pixi last week) and I was wondering about preware. If I am correct it is a way to install apps and themes to my pixi right? Well I was wondering if there is any harm to my phone by doing this. Will my phone be susceptible to virus and such? I noticed you have to set your phone in developer mode to install and was just wondering if installing it is safe and if it can be deleted if Idont like it. Thank you for your time and I am sorry if this is already a thread.
    do it. you will love it. no risk at all.
    Over 9 months with Preware/Patches on my Pre and no issues. WebOS Internals throughly test patches in the beta feeds before releasing them to the general Preware feed and if there is a patch (like overclocking) that is risky, there is a warning stating so in the description of the patch. So, go ahead and give a try.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you guys for the comments. I am downloading now.
    If you're ever worried just read the thread on the particular patch/app and you should be able to find out evreything you need.
  6.    #6  
    After download do I take developer mode off??
    It's not necessary, but most do.
    My devloper mode has been left in the on position since Oct. with no ill effects.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for all the helpful....help? anyway I have figured out preware and patches pretty well, but I have a question/concern. I dropped my phone and broke it up pretty good and I am getting a new one this weekend, is there a way to transfer all my apps and patches? Or do I have to redownload them? Thanks for the help
    redownloading is easy. just use webos quickinstall. As far as apps, contacts etc, as long as they came out of the app store, they (and your scores) are saved on your palm profile. Even your preferences.
    the developer mode code to enable it is: webos20090606
    To get all the facts on installation and such, go here: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    the developer mode code to enable it is: webos20090606
    I've always used "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" - is there a difference?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    i've always used "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" - is there a difference?

nope