Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm going to ditch my iPhone 3G pretty soon. And I'm extremely interested in the webOS devices. The Pixi Plus in particular.

I love small phones, and a hardware keyboard is a must. I think it's just perfect for me. I just have a question or two...

I'm used to not multitasking, and I don't plan on loading the thing up with apps, or running more than two or three at once, but is it really that slow? I mean. Is it going to be a grandma going from messaging to the music player? I'm used to laggy phones, I mean, I do have an iPhone after all. (;

And about Synergy. I've read (on PreCentral) that the phone automatically downloads new data from your accounts every 15 minutes. Can you change how often it does that? I'm stuck on AT&T, and their new tiered data plans are pretty lame. I'm going to be stuck on the 200 MB one, and I don't want the phone blowing through my limit by itself!

Can you turn off the linking of contacts completely? I want to use the Facebook app just like the iPhone app. I don't want it to mix up things. I just think that would be a little buggish. And I don't want to go "unlink" all of my contacts...

I want my phone book to be backed up to my Google contacts, but I don't want to have Facebook and my phone numbers mixed up. Is that even possible?

What happens if I have 1000+ Facebook friends and 400 contacts in my address book on my iPhone? And I have like 3 Jake Andersons, is it smart enough to know which one is which?

Thanks for helping out a webOS ra-tard. [Hangover reference.]
    Last edited by gunarpants; 06/26/2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Vague title.
    it should be pretty easy to stay under 200mb/month as long as you don't watch a ton of video. Syncing data use is negligible.

You cannot use the Facebook app without it automatically creating facebook contacts for all your friends. It will only link them if the names match, and if they match first and last they will link automatically. If it is only a first name or first name/last initial in your phonebook, then it will not link with the new facebook contact. Linking is not a big deal though, as the data is not changed, it just shows them under the same contact (your actual google contact data stays the same, no facebook info is added to it).

I believe you can store your phonebook as google contacts, mine is setup with outlook and that works flawlessly.

If you have multiple contacts with the same name, no, the phone is not smart enough to read your mind and know which one you want.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to have a Pixi, or a Pre for that matter...

I have OCD and I'm afraid that having no control over my contacts or calendar or whatnot would drive me absolutely insane.

You guys would probably laugh if you saw my phone book and calendar, they're immaculate. :/

Thanks for all the help. I really wish you had BlackBerry like control over your phone with an iPhone and webOS.

(:
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    You can pick and choose what you want displayed, i was the same about not wanting to mix up my various contacts and calendars but it's worked out well. I don't even go into my contacts app anymore, i just start typing the name of who i want to txt or call and it brings them right up, no need to scroll through contacts, so i don't see the various contacts.
    Well first off, if you don't want your facebook contacts to be synced to your account, you can remove the facebook account in contacts and they'll dissapear while still being able to use facebook fine. Also, if you can transfer your contacts to google, you can add your google account to your phone and have full control over your contacts, and the changes will reflect themselves on your google account. So if you add a contact, it will add to your google account. Or, if you can, export your contact list as a .csv file or the similar, put them in outlook or outlook express, and download the data migration wizard, then it will all be on your palm profile. i went the google route, yahoo route and palm profile route and like the palm profile the best, but the google is just the same, i just like having it all on my palm profile, i'm anal what can i say lol. You can do this for calendars via google or palm profile also, i dont suggest the yahoo. I'm also crazy over my contact tidiness, so i opted out of the facebook contacts list. And if you're famaliar with the jailbreak for the iphone, theres a similar program called preware for the pixi/pre. How do you like OS 4.0 for iphone?
    What are you going to do with the iPhone 3G? I'd be interested in buying.
    Can't wait for my Pré!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    you can remove the facebook account in contacts and they'll disappear while still being able to use facebook fine.
    So I can use the Facebook app without having a Facebook account in contacts/calendar?

Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    How do you like OS 4.0 for iphone?
    Well. I have a 3G. So. No multitasking or wallpapers or anything. The only I got was folders. :/ I think that it feels like the device is slower. It lags on the keyboard all the time, and songs stutter and pause when I have messaging and iPod open or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneBunting View Post
    What are you going to do with the iPhone 3G? I'd be interested in buying.
    To be honest. You don't want it. :| Completely serious. The AppleCare expired about 2 months ago. I dropped it in the pool in Vegas, and the screen and backside are competely scratched. Sorry! I bet you could get a good deal on eBay now that the 4 is out!
    Yes, facebook will connect to three places on your phone. It will connect with your facebook app, your contacts and your pictures. The pictures will allow you to upload pictures from your phone to facebook, the facebook app is self explanatory and is not like the app on the iphone, but close enough, just no chat. And the contacts you can remove that. Just like if you add a google account it will add to your mail, contacts, calendars etc., but you can remove it from one place and it will not effect another. Fully customizable.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Excellent! Thanks for all the help!!! I'm definitely going to get a Pixi+! I just really wish there was an official Twitter app! Maybe even an official Flickr app. But who knows, one could be coming very soon, the app catalog gets bigger daily. I hope I can get a job soon. :/ Dumb economy.
    Do you have AIM, ask me all ya want on there.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I do indeed. Hit me up. [;
    itsgunar