1.    #1  
    Just wondering if anyone else saw this come out? I have a pre, but my wife has a pixi, so it caught my attention.

Cell Phone Radiation Review for Palm Pixi| Environmental Working Group

Report Lists Palm Pixi As Having High SAR Levels

A recent report entitled “Get a Safer Phone” from The Environmental Working Group has tagged the Palm Pixi as having one of the highest SAR ratings. Cellphones emit radiation to send voice and text messages. The Specific Absorption Rates (SAR) is a measure of how much radiation is absorbed by the body when the phone is sending a signal to the network. EWG has ranked the Sprint Palm Pixi among the worst phones for emitting high radiation. Joining the Palm Pixi were a host of BlackBerry devices including the BlackBerry 8820 and the new BlackBerry 9700. The FCC limit for SAR is 1.6 and this organization found the Pixi to be rated at 1.56w/kg SAR level when held to your ear. For those wondering, the BlackBerry 8820 was ranked as the worst with a 1.58w/kg SAR level. Conversely, the Palm Pre had a much lower 0.94 SAR rating placing it near the bottom and making it a safer phone.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/23/2010 at 08:18 AM.
    I love how it says that the Pixi Plus is no longer on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    I love how it says that the Pixi Plus is no longer on the market.
    Can you tell me where in EITHER of those links it says that Pixi or Pixi Plus is no longer on the market? For that matter, where it mentions the Pixi Plus? It mentions Pixi, but Pixi Plus is a different phone. It also says that Pixi is currently available through Sprint. Sprint does not offer Pixi Plus. Please check your facts before you post.
    if you go to the list of all palm phones it says

"Palm Pixi Plus: Currently on the market? No"
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    How much radiation do I absorb standing next to a light bulb?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    How much radiation do I absorb standing next to a light bulb?
    lol, who knows. Most of these things don't concern me too much, just thought it would be interesting to post.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    lol, who knows. Most of these things don't concern me too much, just thought it would be interesting to post.
    I just have never understood the big deal about cell phone EM radiation, in the absence of any good science that it is harmful, since the radiation they emit is less energetic than the heat and light emitted by your standard old-fashioned incandescent light bulb, let alone the radiation emitted by fluorescent light bulbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by sw9181 View Post
    Can you tell me where in EITHER of those links it says that Pixi or Pixi Plus is no longer on the market? For that matter, where it mentions the Pixi Plus? It mentions Pixi, but Pixi Plus is a different phone. It also says that Pixi is currently available through Sprint. Sprint does not offer Pixi Plus. Please check your facts before you post.
    Get a Safer Phone | Phones made by Palm| Environmental Working Group

Happy?
    Last edited by wushu2004; 06/23/2010 at 09:11 AM.
    Wao 1.6 SAR rating is pretty high.
    Damn, and I just quit smoking, too.
    so it's a trade off, good reception and and high sar or low sar and worse reception
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    SAR level can differ very much depending on how the phone is held to the brain (angle etc.) and further the SAR level does only measure the heating aspect of the brain, but many other things which are never talked about could be harmfull too. BUT There are solutions too like hoemopathic codes or special headsets and also not every body reacts negative to those wavelenghts ...I have a code derived from the new homeopathic theory by Körbler which works well...
    Should I sell my pixi? Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimra View Post
    BUT There are solutions too like hoemopathic codes or special headsets ...
    What are homeopathic codes?
    Ummm, sort of. Neither of the links mentions it. (as I said before) You had to dig deeper. However, it is funny that it does say that.
    pseudo-science at it again.

Its amazing how much money some people can make by scaring the public.
    Gave me a chuckle since I have that phone.

Wonder where they got that info...
    OMG the SAR level is so high I'm going to die now.. *panics and throws the phone into the trash* AHHHHHHH!!! *covers body in lead*

Oh wait this is the real world, you get more radiation from your microwave probably..

There has never been any conclusive evidence that cell phones can harm the human body. Anyways even if it DID harm my body in some sort of way, I'm probably more likely to die in a car accident, get hit by a bus, or get shot by the gangster druggies running around in my city. So maybe instead of spending lots of money researching this crap they could use it for something else, like I don't know curing cancer, feeding kids in Africa, or maybe building that damn space ship so I can finally travel to Planet Zakyon, and visit my alien brothers who live in pink bananas.

Just my 2cents though I doubt its worth much.

-Toaster