1.    #1  
    Is there an app that will announce the name of the person who is sending me a message?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    don't know about an app, but you could get the SMS tone per contact patch, find a ringtone with their name, and set their message tone to that ringer.

better yet- have them record their own name and they can 'announce' themselves ... Hahahaha (i rather like that idea)
    that would be really weird if you started up a full-on sms conversation with them though.

I'd get sick of my friends name and voice pretty quick.

"I KNOW WHO YOU ARE SHUT UP!!!"
    I really like the SMS tone per contact and they record their names.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    hahaha, that made me laugh out loud for real imagining that

although, it seems that if I have the conversation open I don't get the notification sound each tine, only when I've closed the conversation (? Right ?)

Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    that would be really weird if you started up a full-on sms conversation with them though.

I'd get sick of my friends name and voice pretty quick.

"I KNOW WHO YOU ARE SHUT UP!!!"
    Weird, for me I get a notification sound every time they write to me, even if the messaging app is open.

This is particularily annoying when using Google Talk, as people tend to break a paragraph up into several messages.

So I usually hit the Vibrate only switch.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I don't get a lot of texts so maybe I just haven't noticed. I'll have to play with this tonight now
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic