1.    #1  
    Wifi Media Sync is coming to the Pixi Plus!

Now Pixi Plus owners can sync music, pics, videos...ANY files from their PC without using a USB cable!!

The app is should appear in the App Catalog by June 25th!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    Hi! I'm really interested in your app. Any chance you might make a version that syncs with Mac OS X?

Thanks!
  3.    #3  
    No mac version yet, but there's another thread out there (no link, sorry ) with a bunch of Mac users giving me hell until the mac is supported, you should pipe in, as the more angry mac users we see, the better the odds mac will be supported in the not so distant future...
  4.    #4  
    So, Palm states that Wifi Media Sync should be available in the App Catalog for the Pixi Plus starting sometime today!!

I'm away right now, with no Pixi in sight...does anyone see it in the app cat?
    All of you that have a Pixi are going to love this. During the sale this past week My wife and I both got it for the Pre and it has to be one of the easiest programs to setup and run that I have come across in a long time. My wife comes to me for what seems like every keystroke on her computer. This one she did 100% by herself.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    So, Palm states that Wifi Media Sync should be available in the App Catalog for the Pixi Plus starting sometime today!!

I'm away right now, with no Pixi in sight...does anyone see it in the app cat?
    It's 10:30 PM and I sure don't see it.
    tim
    I'll wait for the osx version, could boot into xp but most of the good stuff that I would sync is on the mac side. 2 bucks is a really good price, just checked and it's on the app site.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    OK, I bought Wifi Sync for my new Pixi+, got it installed on Pixi and Windows Vista, and successfully loaded some photos from the PC's Sync folder onto the Pixi.

My problem is that I selected 5 files on the Pixi to upload to the PC for backup purposes, they got into the Pending files list but when I touch "Upload Files Now", on the Pixi it says "Syncing Now" "1 of 5" "filename: ClassicNoteDB" "Uploading Now" but nothing seems to be happening and they are not getting into the Sync folder on the PC.

What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by philesk; 06/29/2010 at 03:54 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by philesk View Post
    OK, I bought Wifi Sync for my new Pixi+, got it installed on Pixi and Windows Vista, and successfully loaded some photos from the PC's Sync folder onto the Pixi.

My problem is that I selected 5 files on the Pixi to upload to the PC for backup purposes, they got into the Pending files list but when I touch "Upload Files Now", on the Pixi it says "Syncing Now" "1 of 5" "filename: ClassicNoteDB" "Uploading Now" but nothing seems to be happening and they are not getting into the Sync folder on the PC.

What am I doing wrong?
    Hmm...how big is the file?

WebOS has an issue where it stops reporting back the percent complete, this isn't usually an issue...unless you're uploading a large file that takes longer than a couple seconds. Let me know.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    OK, I normally hate asking for support via a forum, but there doesn't seem to be any documentation, so...

I am a little disappointed if I can only do a phone-to-PC transfer, one file at a time. I pretty much have my phone setup the way I want it, with music, photos, etc. All I wanted to do was back this up to specific folders on my PC via WiFi , and then, occasionally sync the two when I make changes to one or the other. Is this simply not possible, or am I not finding the correct instructions?
    tim
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    OK, I normally hate asking for support via a forum, but there doesn't seem to be any documentation, so...

I am a little disappointed if I can only do a phone-to-PC transfer, one file at a time. I pretty much have my phone setup the way I want it, with music, photos, etc. All I wanted to do was back this up to specific folders on my PC via WiFi , and then, occasionally sync the two when I make changes to one or the other. Is this simply not possible, or am I not finding the correct instructions?
    You're not alone!
    Palm currently restricts us from scanning the file system, and therefore, we cannot currently offer an "auto scan" solution. However, Palm has informed us that the current restriction is expected to be removed sometime this year, so hang in there!
    What is the exact name of the file when looking for it on the App Catalog?
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
  13.    #13  
    Wifi Media Sync is the application name
    That is awesome!!! I'll use my Pixi that I just bought from Sprint to get that!!!! Oh wait...

I'm not dumping Sprint, but man, buying a Pixi from them knowing that the Plus is out on the other carriers for free was a tough dang pill to swallow. Someone, on either side of this fiasco, should get canned...
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    PLEASE make the utility for Mac. Robert Werlinger posted a tremendous review of this app on precentral.net, the only problem being that he said the utility was for pc/Mac... I foolishly bought the app without reading the description and now cant use it... I will have to wait for that mac utility for now so please make it asap. thanks.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Most reviews complain about not being able to upload multiple files. Will this be addressed soon?

Also, how does the app work? (generally)
    No mac version yet, but there's another thread out there (no link, sorry ) with a bunch of Mac users giving me hell until the mac is supported, you should pipe in, as the more angry mac users we see, the better the odds mac will be supported in the not so distant future...
    I guess you must be feeling more pressure for a Mac OS version now that Precentral has posted an article saying you have it already!

http://www.precentral.net/review-wifi-media-sync

BLiip
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    I guess you must be feeling more pressure for a Mac OS version now that Precentral has posted an article saying you have it already!

http://www.precentral.net/review-wifi-media-sync

BLiip
    Ohhhh, you have no idea

All I can say right now is: let's talk after the 2.0 release...
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post

Tim,

Currently, Palm does not grant us access to the filesystem, which means the only way to "choose" or select files is using the built-in file-picker, Palm has said this will change in a future update, once it does, expect to see rapid changes in WMS to support a more intuitive experience...hand in there!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Hmm...how big is the file?

WebOS has an issue where it stops reporting back the percent complete, this isn't usually an issue...unless you're uploading a large file that takes longer than a couple seconds. Let me know.
    File was the ppbku_7.tar.gz (output from Pre Backup is at around 59mb on my Pixi). I was also trying to upload the webos-patches.log and WiFi Media Sync . It actually completed -- just took a longish time.

Seems Ok now.