Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just saw in preware today that there was a Palm Pixi/Pixi+ kernel added to it. So, i downloaded the newest webos quickinstall and saw that govnah was listed in the feed list for the pixi. has it always been there? Can i add it and will it do anything good for me?
    What does the description of it say? Also check the homepage of it to see who is maintaining it.
  3.    #3  
    It says that it's the palm kernel for 1.4.1, same thing it says for the pre, which i thought the pre needed that kernel to run uber kernel and govnah. Now, i'm interested in govnah but i don't know if it's safe to use on the pixi or why its there.
    its the recovery kernel. The original kernel.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    It says that it's the palm kernel for 1.4.1, same thing it says for the pre, which i thought the pre needed that kernel to run uber kernel and govnah. Now, i'm interested in govnah but i don't know if it's safe to use on the pixi or why its there.
    There is currently no OC kernel for the Pixi. I don't know if there is a benefit to using Govnah on the Pixi with out the Uber-Kernel.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Not entirely true.

I just installed Uberkernel for the Pixi on my wifes Sprint Pixi! Holy smokes, big difference! It runs @ the stock 600MHz but has Compache support to help maximize memory management and minimize lag, as well as the TMC error.

The performance difference is drastic! I've always loved the design and feel of her Pixi..now w/ the increased performance I'm almost ready to swap it for my Pre...almost!
    Last edited by ethic3; 06/18/2010 at 11:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ethic3 View Post
    Not entirely true.

I just installed Uberkernel for the Pixi on my wifes Sprint Pixi! Holy smokes, big difference! It runs @ the stock 600MHz but has Compache support to help maximize memory management and minimize lag, as well as the TMC error.

The performance difference is drastic! I've always loved the design and feel of her Pixi..now w/ the increased performance I'm almost ready to swap it for my Pre...almost!
    That's good to hear.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I added the testing feed and the only overclocking kernel I see in the feed is the one for the pre/pre+. Tried installing that but it failed, am I missing something here?
  9.    #9  
    First off, what is the URL to the feed? Secondly, what is the name of the patch and third, is it safe or a beta?
  10.    #10  
    Aha! Nevermind, i found the url & saw the uber kernel pixi 1.4.1 patch. But i will not install it because i'm going to wait for a final release. How is it?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Since this is for v1.4.1 it may not be compatible with the Pixi+ which on AT&T is at 1.4.3. I don't know about the Verizon Pixi+, but I'd guess it is NOT at 1.4.1
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by philesk View Post
    Since this is for v1.4.1 it may not be compatible with the Pixi+ which on AT&T is at 1.4.3. I don't know about the Verizon Pixi+, but I'd guess it is NOT at 1.4.1
    I'm verizon on 1.4.1.1. I meant to say 1.4.1.1
    Hmm, I've added the all-testing and the armv6 testing feeds but I'm not seeing an Uberkernel for the Pixi. I do certainly see the stock Palm kernel for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by scr512 View Post
    Hmm, I've added the all-testing and the armv6 testing feeds but I'm not seeing an Uberkernel for the Pixi. I do certainly see the stock Palm kernel for it...
    yeah same here. i wonder if it was pulled because of something? unless we did something wrong.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    yeah anyone want to enlighten us on how to get the kernel?
    I'm not too sure what's going on with UK for the Pixi.

I do see it listed in the Preware testing feed though... Check it out:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...sting/1.4.1.1/
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Here is some more info I just read about it:

"Title":"UberKernel (Pixi/Pixi+)"
    "A collection of all the best kernel improvements for the Palm Pixi/Pixi+, rolled into a single OTA-safe installation package. Note that usage of this package is very likely to void your warranty if things go wrong.

Current additions include:
    A new compcache compressed RAM swap kernel module ported to the Palm Pixi/Pixi+ by uNiXpSyChO & rwhitby
    Modification of the lowmemnotify threshold calculation to take into account free swap space, written by rwhitby
    All additions are disabled by default, and must be enabled by separate packages or scripts (not included in this package).
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Please discuss UberKernel in the UberKernel thread in the WebOS Internals forum. All will be revealed there (hint: yes, it is in alpha testing for the Pixi, cause I got a Pixi two days ago, and yes it will be available for AT&T Pixi Plus soon).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19.    #19  
    I dont see a thread for the uberjernel for pixi. Link please?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    please discuss uberkernel in the uberkernel thread in the webos internals forum. All will be revealed there (hint: Yes, it is in alpha testing for the pixi, cause i got a pixi two days ago, and yes it will be available for at&t pixi plus soon).

-- rod
    i love you! <3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast