Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    I dont see a thread for the uberjernel for pixi. Link please?
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2514872

Make sure you read and agree to http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2511506 before alpha testing kernels.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #22  
    If i have no idea what i'm doing, is it a good idea?
    If i have no idea what i'm doing, is it a good idea?
    Read the second link above first. The answer to your question is obvious.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  4.    #24  
    hope somethin comes out soon, you guys are awesome!
    yea im super excited for something exciting...i was gonna give the alpha a shot but then read the warning and became a little hesitant. i will surely be downloading the official once its out. THANK YOU!
  6.    #26  
    I wonder why palm doesnt take the ideas out of this forum and incorporate them into their OS.
    I wonder why palm doesnt take the ideas out of this forum and incorporate them into their OS.
    The reason is that Palm cannot choose to make the same trade-offs for all users of a product that individuals can choose to make for themselves.

If you think there is no possible downside to doing these things, then you need to re-read the warnings in the Preware description for these packages

-- Rod
  8.    #28  
    So should we look for uber kernel for pixi or warthog or what in preware, when it comes out.
    UberKernel is available for Pixi in the alpha testing feed.

-- Rod
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UberKernel is available for Pixi in the alpha testing feed.

-- Rod
    No i know that. When the final version is out, will it be labeled "Warthog" Or "Uberkernel (Pixi/Pixi+)"?
    No i know that. When the final version is out, will it be labeled "Warthog" Or "Uberkernel (Pixi/Pixi+)"?
    UberKernel is the only kernel that is targeted for mainstream release.

F10x are experimental only and Warthog is a developer testbench only.

-- Rod
    Very happy for this to be in the works. Just got my pixi yesterday
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

I am excited about the development! I tried both the uberkernel and the warthog and I hardly notice anything. I really appreciate the effort!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I am excited about the development! I tried both the uberkernel and the warthog and I hardly notice anything. I really appreciate the effort!
    That would be because there is no overclocking in Pixi kernels - did you read the description of the package in Preware before installing it?

-- Rod
    Hi Rob! Again thanks for everything you do for us. I read everything and thought I would notice a little change with better memory management. I just noticed the same small lag. I look forward to reading about and testing all your efforts for the pre and pixi! Donation in it's way!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12