1.    #1  
    Is this going to be used for over clocking? Is it something we should download or what? I've seen it for the pre, it just came out for the pixi. I'm wondering if uberkernel and govnah will work with pixi now because i just downloaded the new webos quickinstall and saw govnah listed under the pixi patches.
    Last edited by SuzukiGS750EZ; 06/17/2010 at 12:32 PM.
    I was actually wondering this myself. Anyone have any ideas?
    The Palm Pixi kernel is to safely and easily restore the stock kernel after you have installed a custom modified kernel...like UberKernel!

In fact Uberkernel is currently being tested for the Pixi. I can tell you after installing it on my wifes Pixi it's like a new phone!!! I love it! Huge upgrade, HUGE!

You can access it via the Preware Kernel Testing Feed...you'll have to do some research on how though.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    My stock sprint pixi gets very hot without overclock, hows yours with the new kernal
    Quote Originally Posted by ethic3 View Post
    In fact Uberkernel is currently being tested for the Pixi. I can tell you after installing it on my wifes Pixi it's like a new phone!!! I love it! Huge upgrade, HUGE!
    I've been running UK on my pre for a while now. With mostly positive results. But some negatives: like the screenstate sometimes gets stuck on whatever is set as min frequency.

I'm considering putting UK on my son's pixi. Have you seen any negatives?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I don't think the Pixi UK overclocks it, so it should be safer.

I could be completely wrong about it not being OC'ed though lol...
  7.    #7  
    Why would they make uberkernel for the pixi if it didnt over clock?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Why would they make uberkernel for the pixi if it didnt over clock?
    Memory management.

Then again, I don't know much about the Pixi UK. Some experienced person should test it out and report back here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Memory management.

Then again, I don't know much about the Pixi UK. Some experienced person should test it out and report back here.
    You are right.
    It's for the compcache element to be incorporated into the pixi kernal. Rwhitby posted in the uber kernal thread to explain.
    Also warned that some of the parameters are not perfect yet.