1.    #1  
    How long do you have it set to check notifications, if you have it set to notify at all? How badly does it effect battery life? I have mine set to webos notifications off and notifications set to manual, i'd like to set it to check, but i don't know how annoying it would be and worry about battery life also.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I'm using the Facebook Beta app. When I turned notifications on I did not notice a difference in battery life. I just changed the notification check period from 20 minutes to 4 hours. I just don't need it to check Facebook that often. For me the battery killer is the Sprint navigation application. With Uberkernal running at 800 the car charger cannot keep the Pre charged when running Sprint Navigation.
    I stopped using notifcations. I just manual check...

now I would like to know if they will ever incorperate push notifcations.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    now I would like to know if they will ever incorperate push notifcations.
    That would be sweet.
    I have mine set to once an hour. I think this should be set to how often you "need" Facebook updates.
    I've noticed that when the phone is searching for EVDO signal (while I'm using it), THAT is when my battery is draining most. If you have a good signal, I think you're fine setting it to 20 minutes.
  6.    #6  
    So, it's not so much how often it looks, it's the signal you get? I always have a signal.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I turned them off and I just check them manually. The only notifications I really care about(wall posts, comments on status or pictures) are sent to me via txt and email anyway, so I don't need them in the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    So, it's not so much how often it looks, it's the signal you get? I always have a signal.
    It is a combination, but I only notice battery drain when it looks often AND I'm in a low signal situation. Since I'm in that situation most of the work day, I only have it look every hour.
    I had the Facebook app set to check every hour for a while, then (like the poster above) realized it was kinda superfluous since I got notifications via email anyway. Thought switching it to manual would help me out on the battery life, but it hasn't had a measurable effect.

The Naztech charger holster, on the other hand, has helped my battery life a great deal. Nevertheless, I still haven't re-enabled the fb notifications. Just do email notices.
    I haven't even thought of using the Facebook app yet, want to make sure that my Facebook contacts stay in Facebook, and not migrate to my PIM information. Same thing goes for the LinkedIn app as well.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    4 hours. No need for more. Unless you're a Facebook junkie like my girlfriend! It will only check probably max of 3 times before you have your Pre charging again. So it can't hurt batt. life that much (if at all). Plus if your bored open the app and see if there's any notifications, between the 4 hour intervals!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    4 hours. No need for more. Unless you're a Facebook junkie like my girlfriend! It will only check probably max of 3 times before you have your Pre charging again. So it can't hurt batt. life that much (if at all). Plus if your bored open the app and see if there's any notifications, between the 4 hour intervals!
    That makes two of us on the girlfriend part lol
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I haven't even thought of using the Facebook app yet, want to make sure that my Facebook contacts stay in Facebook, and not migrate to my PIM information. Same thing goes for the LinkedIn app as well.
    You just go to contacts and remove the facebook profile in there. Thats what i did. Its annoying how it migrates everything to the phone.
    just let ur email tell you much easier.
    I turned them completely off... one less thing running in the background and the notification system on the FB app kinda sucks anyway. I really only use the app for status updates so I get the Palm logo next to my status.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    You just go to contacts and remove the facebook profile in there. Thats what i did. Its annoying how it migrates everything to the phone.
    Weblink/screenshot when you have a moment? Ultra paranoid!
    i bet push notifications'll come in the fall with v2.0 of webOS. hopefully facebook v2.0 comes sooner than that. id love to be able to customize my notifications and look at video galleries, just to name a couple of things..
    Just downloaded the app. Didn't synch. Dare I say the mobile version better than the desktop version!
  19.    #19  
    Weblink/screenshot when you have a moment? Ultra paranoid!
    When you add a facebook account it will add itself 3 places. It will add itself into your photo's account (to upload pictures to facebook via your phone), the facebook app itself, and your contacts. What you do is you go into contacts, go to the top left corner where you get your options, go to preferences and accounts, then click on the facebook account and click remove. Click sync accounts and it will remove all traces of the facebook contacts, you'll be left with just your normal phone contacts, but will have full functionality of facebook & the pictures uploader. I'd show you pics but i don't want to readd my facebook account, sorry.
    I have it set on the max. sync time (2 or 4 hours?) but I keep it off AND I sign out each time. It's a pain, but I'm not a big FB user and I'm a little overprotective of the stuff I post on there.