Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I just purchased a Pixi two weeks ago, and feel like a stranger in a strange land. I have been using an Android phone for two years now, and made a jump to the web OS side.

Can you help me understand all the ins and outs of web OS, how to customize the phone more (I have figured out how to install and delete themes) and what there might be to know about all Palm offers.

Thank you!
    keep searching, this forum has almost everything you need to do whatever you want with your phone.
    There are help guides on the forum and tips and all kinds of stuff to get you going on you new pixi. You have joined one of the most helpful communities out there. Welcome.
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Just learn the 5 basic gestures, and read the newbie threads that are full of info. This one was very helpful to me:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html
    Quote Originally Posted by xjubeix View Post
    I just purchased a Pixi two weeks ago, and feel like a stranger in a strange land. I have been using an Android phone for two years now, and made a jump to the web OS side.

Can you help me understand all the ins and outs of web OS, how to customize the phone more (I have figured out how to install and delete themes) and what there might be to know about all Palm offers.

Thank you!
    I am new also, except I'm a former blackberry user. I bought my pixi off ebay, and the previous user didn't wipe the device entirely, so I had some of his settings still on the phone. After trying to figure out how to disable them I was thrust into the world of patches, and I suggest you look into those and preware, they are pretty simple and cool.
    Index of / Preware installer
    a basic necessity and webos qi http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html
    Your phone has a very masculine name. All joking aside, all the links above should get you started. Look into preware also.
    Be prepared for some slowness... the pixi is no speed demon. It is convenient, easy to type on, has better email support, and a sicker UI you should enjoy.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    out of curiosity, why did you siwtch from android to pixi?