Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    the virtual keyboard cuts off the right side like last two rows of letters in landscape mode on my PIXI. assuming its cuz the pixi is smaller screen. anyone know of a fix for this. I have the virtual keyboard installed but dont see the point in keeping it if landscape mode cuts of some of the keyboard.
    How did you install a virtual keyboard? Is that some sort of patch or application?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I think "My Home Keyboard" now supports the pixi.
    Pilot 1000> Palm Pilot Personal> Palm III >Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm m505> Palm m515> Tungsten T> Tungsten T2> Tungsten T3> Treo 680> Palm Pre> Pre2> Pre3+Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    seriously, why <<edited by mod>> would you want this?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/15/2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: rude
    why???...whats the point of a virtual keyboard on a pixi?
  6.    #6  
    kinda the same as a pre.
  7.    #7  
    zepnik "My Home Keyboard" now supports the pixi.

thanks but its only portrait also which doesnt make for any bigger of a keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    why???...whats the point of a virtual keyboard on a pixi?
    1. larger buttons.
    2. other languages

don't think there is a point in landscape as the screen is smaller and not symmetric.
    yeah, I see no point in a virtual keyboard on the pixi seeing as the keyboard is right in front of you. Also, the screen is too small to even use comfortably. I see it useful on the pre, one doesn't have to constantly keep opening the slider.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    how did u install it
    People who say its pointless, that is an opinion. People who have a pixi and use this patch obviously have their reasons, one being they can type in landscape mode, ever tried using a keyboard sideways? Okay then.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixiPlusAtt View Post
    People who say its pointless, that is an opinion. People who have a pixi and use this patch obviously have their reasons, one being they can type in landscape mode, ever tried using a keyboard sideways? Okay then.
    do it quite often on my Pre..... maybe its because I look at it as being as simple and as fast as activating the VKB and I have better accuracy than I would with VKB.
    So did you not get the point? Maybe i should have said "most" people dont type sideways? lol.. come on now.. typing side ways is as simple as pressing twice by the gesture area?
    I too have a pixi & NEED A VKB!!! I prefer lanscape mpde so typin sideways becomes a hassle!!......Soooo can I get assited intead of insulted?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    the pixi screen is too small for lanscape mode it'll cut off the keyboard
    strange
    I use the virtual keyboard because I need to send texts while talking on the phone, and I don't want to have to mute the call every time I text. I also don't want anyone to hear me texting (I hate having to ask the caller to hold or wait while sending a text, especially if I'm engaged in a text conversation). It helps to have something I can use inconspicuously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Israelite View Post
    I use the virtual keyboard because I need to send texts while talking on the phone, and I don't want to have to mute the call every time I text. I also don't want anyone to hear me texting (I hate having to ask the caller to hold or wait while sending a text, especially if I'm engaged in a text conversation). It helps to have something I can use inconspicuously.
    You could just mute the buttons...
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    You could just mute the buttons...
    WAIT!!

you can mute the clicking sound the keyboard makes????

Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    WAIT!!

you can mute the clicking sound the keyboard makes????

Yeah, it's a patch, I think. Or in the preferences.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast