Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
       #1  
    OK, after following the Pre and the Pixi for over a year, and waiting impatiently for them to come to ATT , I'm FINALLY getting my Pixi tomorrow. Here's the problem: I've read so much in the past year, my brain is completely overloaded with what I need to do once I get it!!! I mean, WebOS Doctor, PreWare, blah, blah, blah... I am sure there is a thread out there explaining exactly what I need to do once I unbox this thing, but I can't find it.

    If someone could either give me the step-by-step, or better yet, point me to that thread, it would be greatly appreciated. I am so looking forward to finally being able to have this thing in my hands!
    tim
  2. #2  
    Hey, welcome to the webOS family, well tomorrow anyway.
    Follow the installation guide in this thread http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html
    But when you get to install music player (remix) just install preware from the webos internals (pixi) feed and do all your patching and theming through preware.
    Or visit install.preware.org
  3. #3  
    welcome to the WebOS family. I have an at&t Pixi+ and I also have installed Preware via Webdoctor. B/f anything make sure you first enable your device to enter developer mode by typing the series code and WebOS will pull that file.
  4. #4  
    Welcome to the world of webOS. You should be able to find everything you need here: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...stop-here.html

    Enjoy your Pixi!
    Last edited by vza33; 06/13/2010 at 10:52 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5. #5  
    Wow, it's like I started this thread and didn't remember, I'm getting my Pixi+ tomorrow too and was wondering the same thing. Can't wait!
  6. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
       #6  
    OK, thanks for all the help! I'll be asking for more, I'm sure.
    tim
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Welcome to the world of webOS. You should be able to find everything you need here:
    Enjoy your Pixi!
    My Verizon Pixi Plus is arriving tomorrow, is there a thread similar to the AT&T one for new Verizon owners?
  8. tejoe's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #8  
    just a quick note: Webos doctoring is reformating you pre/pixi back to semi-factory state
    Webos quick install is downloading homebrew and preware onto your pre/pixi
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post
    My Verizon Pixi Plus is arriving tomorrow, is there a thread similar to the AT&T one for new Verizon owners?
    Welcome Jessica! With the exception of the first link in my post there, it's for all Pre and Pixi owners. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I don't think anyone did a post just for Verizon.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  10. 3FC
    3FC is offline
    3FC's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmt View Post
    Wow, it's like I started this thread and didn't remember, I'm getting my Pixi+ tomorrow too and was wondering the same thing. Can't wait!
    lmao. That is so something I would do. Just got my pixi took waaaay longer than I planned but oh well, it's here!
  11. #11  
    I was supposed to get mine today but it seems AT&T still hasn't processed the order I made 2 days ago, which is funny because they had a banner for free 2-day shipping if you order it before 4 p.m. and I ordered it at noon! So I won't have my Pixi Plus until sometime next week, bu thanks for making this thread, the links provided are definitely bookmarked
  12. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby347 View Post
    I was supposed to get mine today but it seems AT&T still hasn't processed the order I made 2 days ago, which is funny because they had a banner for free 2-day shipping if you order it before 4 p.m. and I ordered it at noon! So I won't have my Pixi Plus until sometime next week, bu thanks for making this thread, the links provided are definitely bookmarked
    Keep your fingers crossed: FedEx runs on Saturdays, right? Good luck this weekend!
    tim
  13. philesk's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    OK, after following the Pre and the Pixi for over a year, and waiting impatiently for them to come to ATT , I'm FINALLY getting my Pixi tomorrow. Here's the problem: I've read so much in the past year, my brain is completely overloaded with what I need to do once I get it!!! I mean, WebOS Doctor, PreWare, blah, blah, blah... I am sure there is a thread out there explaining exactly what I need to do once I unbox this thing, but I can't find it.

    If someone could either give me the step-by-step, or better yet, point me to that thread, it would be greatly appreciated. I am so looking forward to finally being able to have this thing in my hands!
    Free Screen Protector:

    When you get Pixi+, do not remove the screen protector or let an AT&T saleperson do so. It is at least as good as most commercial protectors, has no bubbles and is pretty hard. Take a razor blade and carefully trim off the little tab at the top without removing it, being careful to trim just at the top edge of the screen. VOILA, a preinstalled screen protector. The Pre+ screen cover interfered sometimes with the Pre+'s ability to recognize gestures sometimes. I've experienced no such problems with my Pixi+ screen cover.

    Bargain Accessories:

    Search around these forums for posts about bargain accessories found at Radio Shack and eBay before paying full price. There are a number available which makes the current HP pricing for AT&T and Verizon Pre Plus and Pixi Plus (essentially $0.00 with some free accessories thrown in) all the more sweet.
  14. #14  
    I have a Palm Pre+ from at&t that I want to exchange for a Pxi+ also, the Pixi is so cool with the fix keyboard form-factor.
  15. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by philesk View Post
    Free Screen Protector:

    When you get Pixi+, do not remove the screen protector or let an AT&T saleperson do so. It is at least as good as most commercial protectors, has no bubbles and is pretty hard. Take a razor blade and carefully trim off the little tab at the top without removing it, being careful to trim just at the top edge of the screen. VOILA, a preinstalled screen protector. The Pre+ screen cover interfered sometimes with the Pre+'s ability to recognize gestures sometimes. I've experienced no such problems with my Pixi+ screen cover.
    NOW you tell me!!!
    tim
  16. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I have a Palm Pre+ from at&t that I want to exchange for a Pxi+ also, the Pixi is so cool with the fix keyboard form-factor.
    I thought you got the Pixi???
    tim
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Keep your fingers crossed: FedEx runs on Saturdays, right? Good luck this weekend!
    Lol they're crossed, they do run on Saturdays and Im hoping that ATT just isnt updating their site because order tracking says my order hasnt even shipped yet, its not and iphone4 ATT, geez!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I thought you got the Pixi???
    yes you are right I had a Pixi+, but had to return it b/c it was too expensive the out off pocket fee at full retail price and got me this Pre+ on craigslist for half the price in mint condition.
  19. philesk's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I have a Palm Pre+ from at&t that I want to exchange for a Pxi+ also, the Pixi is so cool with the fix keyboard form-factor.
    I did the same thing. I hated the fact that the keyboard was recessed and had a sharp sharp lip around around it.
    Also $149 vs. $ -0- was a factor.
  20. philesk's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    NOW you tell me!!!
    I didn't do it with my first Pixi+. I had a problem with battery fit and the only way AT&T could give me a new battery was to give me a new Pixi+.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions