1.    #1  
    Ok, so I just got my preware FINALLY installed AND working on my phone and I installed the sms contact patch thing and I have two kinda big problems now....first is when I text someone IF I do not completely get rid of the conversation before letting my phone go idle, I will not know anyone has sent anything unless I physically check on the phone...secondly and biggest one of all is the fact that before I installed this app I thought the time for a text tone was ridiculous at 3 seconds max and NOW since applying this patch the text tone IF even plays one second of the song????? Is there anything I can do about either of these problems or just get that sms contact per patch thing off my phone and still deal wit only having the 3 or 4 seconds tone anyhow.
    I noticed there is a patch the will let you repeat it, but seriously that would make it play for what 2 seconds so I dont think that patch would help me out all that much, please ANY info on an update, another patch to fix this I wouuld LOVE to hear your input....
    Thanks a bunch!
    AJ
  2.    #2  
    Or does anyone expect Sprint or webos to come up with a fix for this quite annoying problem....anyone heard anything cuz I cant be the ONLY one who would complain about a second tone for a text message ha ha ha
    I don't actually understand your first question.

The answer to your second is to spend time exploring the various patches for messaging. There are lots of options, so you should try several to see which works the best for you. I personally have the LED glow until I acknowledge notifications, and I have the phone vibrate for a really long time for txt messages. It isn't appropriate to have lots of songs playing for my various notifications, so my phone is usually on vibrate only.

Spend time exploring! It's your new addiction. I have over 60 patches running on my phone...
  4.    #4  
    I did notice the vibrate one, but it does not have one to extend the text tone that I can see which stinks
    As for your first question have you verified your notification settings are set properly

1. Launch messaging
    2. Press menu (upper right hand corner)
    3. Select preferences and accounts
    a. Show notifications ON
    b. System Sound ALERT

Now with those two settings you should get some kind of notification when a new text message comes in. Then depending on your specific user case would of course differ

Off touchscreen screen off
    1. Outside of conversation
    a. Screen lights up
    b. Notification appears briefly
    c. Notification sound plays
    2. Inside of conversation
    a. Screen lights up
    b. Notification appears briefly
    c. Notification sound plays

Off touchscreen screen on
    a. Notification appears briefly
    b. Notification sound plays
    a. Notification sound plays

On touchscreen screen off
    a. Notification appears
    a. Notification appears

On touchscreen screen on
    a. Notification appears
    a. Notification sound plays
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts