1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to get WebOS Doctor for the AT&T Pixi Plus version 1.4.3? I have checked Palm's site, entered my serial number, but all it does is give me a small (1k) file that when launched, downloads the WebOS doctor. Then, places a shortcut on the desktop to start it. I have checked the properties of the shortcut, but the file that it points to is NOT WebOS Doctor.... this is getting maddening, since I need it to install preware! Any suggestions? THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by sw9181 View Post
    Does anyone know how to get WebOS Doctor for the AT&T Pixi Plus version 1.4.3? I have checked Palm's site, entered my serial number, but all it does is give me a small (1k) file that when launched, downloads the WebOS doctor. Then, places a shortcut on the desktop to start it. I have checked the properties of the shortcut, but the file that it points to is NOT WebOS Doctor.... this is getting maddening, since I need it to install preware! Any suggestions? THANKS!
    The pixi plus was only released 3 days ago if I'm correct, so Palm may not have released the webOS doctor for it yet.
    However it may be worth contacting palm to ask if they will make the doctor version available to you, I will try and find an email address now.
    If you do manage to get the doctor you might want to share it with rwhitby.

Try emailing this address, opensourcequestions@palm.com

EDIT: as a quick question which way are you installing preware?
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/09/2010 at 11:26 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    The pixi plus was only released 3 days ago if I'm correct, so Palm may not have released the webOS doctor for it yet.
    However it may be worth contacting palm to ask if they will make the doctor version available to you, I will try and find an email address now.
    If you do manage to get the doctor you might want to share it with rwhitby.

EDIT: as a quick question which way are you installing preware?

You are correct that it was only released 3 days ago. I just figure it makes sense to have the webOS doctor ready at launch time. And SOMEWHERE, buried on my computer, the doctor is there... just not as an executable .jar file, like the rest of the doctors. I am installing preware through the webOS Quick Install program. I used to have a Sprint Pixi, and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for the reply, and if you have any other thoughts, I would love to hear them!
    I will also install Preware for my at&t Palm Pixi+ by tonight. I had no clue on how to do it, but a tutorial youtube video has helped me much.
    Quote Originally Posted by sw9181 View Post
    You are correct that it was only released 3 days ago. I just figure it makes sense to have the webOS doctor ready at launch time. And SOMEWHERE, buried on my computer, the doctor is there... just not as an executable .jar file, like the rest of the doctors. I am installing preware through the webOS Quick Install program. I used to have a Sprint Pixi, and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for the reply, and if you have any other thoughts, I would love to hear them!
    Did you manage to download the doctor after? If you still can't find it, does double clicking quick install with no doctor file in the folder give you the option to download the doctor?
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

its at the bottom correct?

tried to patch my friends 1.4.3 att pixi plus but there are no patches for it yet.
    Last edited by cursiv; 06/12/2010 at 05:31 PM.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post

its at the bottom correct?

tried to patch my friends 1.4.3 att pixi plus but there are no patches for it yet.
    Thank you very much! That information has only been recently added to the webOS internals wiki. Am downloading the doctor now!
    I was able to install preware on my at&t 1.4.3 Pixi+, I downloaded Web Doctor via precentral-dot-net and used firefox browser to do so. Make sure you also activate "developer" mode on the Pixi+ and the Novacom driver on your windows PC (that is if you use windows). I was able to do it by following instructions/tutorials on youtube. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    so does the WebOS quick install that i use for my Sprint Palm Pre work for the AT&T Pixi? or do I need to get a different one? I am going to help my buddy make his Pixi HIS Pixi? just wondered before I got started?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)