1.    #1  
    Is there a way for a vibrate or ringtone to go off while you have a text message open so that when you get a text and you aren't looking at your phone you can still hear it and respond?
    What you describe is what happens on my phone....and I'm running stock at the moment.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Really...? Mine doesn't do that while in message. I wonder if it could be the sms per tone patch or whatever it is. Hmmm.
  4.    #4  
    I had a samsung rogue before i got the pixi plus. It had grouped text messages just like the pixi, but everytime a message would come through my text message tone would sound or i would get a vibrate. Now, if i close the message and receive another one whether it's from the same person or a different person, it sounds off. But if i have a conversation open, it just sounds for a seperate contacts message, not the one i have open.
    yep, there is a patch in Preware for that...
  6.    #6  
    What's it called...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Wait, so you're saying if you're texting a friend and they send you a txt while you have the messaging app open then you don't hear a notification sound? If so, that's weird. I know that was an issue after one of the updates for a while but I haven't had that problem since
    think he means only if a particular conversation is open....mine acts the same way...i will get tone if the messaging app is on the main screen but while in a conversation, no tone...so if i forget to back swipe after texting someone and leave the conversation open and that person texts me back i won't know about it....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    I still get a tone whilst in a convo.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    i sometimes get a tone and sometimes dont get a tone . and i dont know why it works that way lol it just does .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11.    #11  
    Realized it was the SMS per contact v2 patch. Removed it and it works fine now.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I did have problems with that patch when I installed it before but I noticed it pretty quickly and went back to the original. My volume still randomly goes all the way down sometimes tho :/