1.    #1  
    I am trying to get preware onto my phone, I have it on downloaded on my laptop step by step from here and now I can't get my laptop to connect with my palm pixi. This is very frustrating and I am pretty good with computers, but this is just like HUH?? Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    thanks!!
    Is phone in dev mode? Did you choose just charge?
    are you using the webOS quick install method?
    Have you got the latest java installed?
    check services on your pc and see if novacom is running?
    If you answered yes to all these and it still does not recognise the pixi, find the folder palm, inc in your see drive and double click the novacom file inside it, did that work?
    Also, did you reboot your laptop?
  4.    #4  
    How do I reboot my pixi to try and get my laptop to recognize it?? Someone said sym+r and a orang grey button what is the orange grey button???
    Hey,

I had problems getting my Pixi to work with WOSQI too. Try forgetting WebOS Quick Install and use this link instead to get Preware installed - worked like a dream for me.

Get Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ77 View Post
    How do I reboot my pixi to try and get my laptop to recognize it?? Someone said sym+r and a orang grey button what is the orange grey button???
    It is orange on a non plus, grey on the plus. It is on the bottom left corner of the keyboard
    Orange/gray key highlighted
    Attached Images Attached Images
    it still does not work for me. I experienced the same exact problem & tried to do everything of above. I'm wondering if I messed it up when unlocked it? Or maybe some prodrams installed on my PC does not allow to recognize it? Firewall is off.
    use the Universal Novacom Insyaller from Canuck Coding to install novacom drivers. The restart the phone and don't plug it in until the phone is completely booted. Make sure you use the cable that came with your phone.

try a different PC if all else fails