1.    #1  
    So I just bought the Palm Pixi last week and I love the phone in ALL aspects, but I just don't understand why the messaging only PLAYS for like 4 seconds Is there a patch that could fix this and make it longer or does anyone think Sprint is going to make any kind of update for this little glitch??? I miss so many text messages because I can't hear it as it is so QUICK!!
    Any information would be helpful about this, like 4 seconds REALLY???
    Thanks!!!
    Do you have preware installed on your pixi?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    There are patches to extend the notification in Preware.
  4.    #4  
    Really?? No I don't have preware as of yet, but I am planning on doing it in about a half hour, last night I had to update my webOS on it to the current version and took longer then expected so now that that is done, I am going to do the preware tonight, do you know the patch name of the one that extends it? I am NEW to patches, but have read about them and am probably going to just play around to figure them out once on my phone.
    Thanks for the info and good to know something WILL extend that lame 4 second texting it comes with...
  5.    #5  
    oh and I was looking into getting preware installed on my laptop and I read articles where is said don't install the doc part of it, but when I tried to download preware it just kept saying I couldn't download preware unless I added the doc thing because it would not run right, but I am hoping NOW that my software is ALL up to date it will let me run preware without an issue.....
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Just so you know, Preware is the app that goes on the phone, kind of an app store but with patches and themes too. The thing you need to install on your pc is called WebOS Quick Install (WOSQI), that'll let you install Preware onto your phone.

There are patches to repeat the notification, extend the vibration and keep the light flashing til you read the message. Can't remember the exact names but they're easy to find in the Messaging section in the patches

Get more info on WOSQI here:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-software/228310-webos-quick-install-v3-14-a.html
    Last edited by i_maq; 06/07/2010 at 01:33 AM.
    What i did was after i installed preware, i got nice and comfy in bed and scrolled through the entire list of stuff in preware, theres more in there that you'll find useful than just the text tone extender.
  8.    #8  
    Oh I'm sure I am pretty excited about getting it onto my phone....BUT I have everything downloaded to my computer, but when I plug my phone into the USB port the laptop just doesn't recognize my phone, so now I am trying to figure out why and I am getting a headache, sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ77 View Post
    Oh I'm sure I am pretty excited about getting it onto my phone....BUT I have everything downloaded to my computer, but when I plug my phone into the USB port the laptop just doesn't recognize my phone, so now I am trying to figure out why and I am getting a headache, sigh...
    What do you mean? Your phone isn't asking you whether to charge or go into USB mode?