1.    #1  
    I miss the hourly time chime available from Palmary Clock on Palm OS. Does anyone know if such a time chime exists for WebOS devices?
    Me too but I guess from the lack of response, nobody else does.
    I thought I read about an app that did that.
    i wouldnt mind having one. good way to keep track of time when my life is getting hectic. lol
    that-ginzo

Orange LG Envy --> HTC Touch (Vogue) [R.i.P] --> HTC Touch Pro --> Palm Pixi Plus <3
    My wristwatch gives me an hourly chime also, but it's hard for me to hear. Would be kind of nice if my phone would do the same thing.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    +1
    Ya know... this wouldnt be a hard app to write if thats all it did... and it could probably run in the background with out being attached to a dashboard... Just start it up when you start up your phone (or using mode switcher or some such) slap it into the background and it wakes up every hour to play a sound.

If I get some free time this coming week I might look into throwing this together.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I know it's not as elegant as an app, but couldn't you just go into the clock app and create an alarm that happens on a daily basis for those hours that you want it to chime? For example, from 8AM to 10 PM? It would take less than 5 minutes to do that, unless there is some limit on the number of alarms the clock app can hold. Just a thought.
    tim
    The app in the app store that does this is called SimpleTime lite http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...impletime-lite
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The app in the app store that does this is called SimpleTime lite http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...impletime-lite
    Ah! Well there we go... no need for me to look into making something with only one function.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I know it's not as elegant as an app, but couldn't you just go into the clock app and create an alarm that happens on a daily basis for those hours that you want it to chime? For example, from 8AM to 10 PM? It would take less than 5 minutes to do that, unless there is some limit on the number of alarms the clock app can hold. Just a thought.
    Alarms would need to be dismissed, or they would repeat every 5 minutes.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGP View Post
    Alarms would need to be dismissed, or they would repeat every 5 minutes.
    Ah, I KNEW it was too simple to work! Thankfully, mamouton found the solution above.
    tim
    not in preware, but i found this:
    Patch webOS Hourly Chime - WebOS Internals

i wouldn't have the foggiest idea of how to do what he says, but i'm sure someone could make a patch like this and add it to preware.
    [QUOTE=mamouton;2585763]The app in the app store that does this is called SimpleTime lite [url]

Hmmm.. Just counted, I have 5 different clock apps already, not even counting the timer & stopwatch apps. Not sure I'd be willing to pay a buck just for that function. Have to think about it.

If you can close the app and it will still run in the background it might be worth it.
  15.    #15  
    Mamouton pointed out that Simple Time Lite provides an hourly time chime. My Pixi app store says this isn't available on the Pixi platform.
    SimpleTime Free is the free version of SimpleTime Lite. Does the same hourly chime. The Lite version adds a coo coo clock chime. You can download either via Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by mohaynes View Post
    SimpleTime Free is the free version of SimpleTime Lite. Does the same hourly chime. The Lite version adds a coo coo clock chime. You can download either via Preware.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see an hourly chime feature in SimpleTime Free. Is it only in SimpleTime Lite? The Preferences for SimpleTime Free show only Dashboard Options ("announce on activate", and "announce on tap icon"), and Startup Options ("announce time" and "show").

I'd check SimpleTime Lite myself, but I don't want to spend $0.99 to purchase it if it's not going to help me.

Thanks much for any pointers.
    Launch-day Verizon Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    not in preware, but i found this:
    Patch webOS Hourly Chime - WebOS Internals

i wouldn't have the foggiest idea of how to do what he says, but i'm sure someone could make a patch like this and add it to preware.

I´ve followed all the steps and I get nothing

Even the test:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/systemsounds/playFeedback {\"name\":\"chime\"}
    Doesn´t "chime"

any help?
    I verified that the Hourly "chime" feature is available in Simple Time Lite, which can be purchased for $0.99. The Bells option is much more than just a single chime; it's actually a full Big Ben implementation, including a 5 "dongs" for 5 o'clock, etc. I prefer the single chime provided by "Chime v1.2" by Redwood Creative Computing.

To deal with this, I created a chime tone like that in Chime v1.2, converted it to the correct format, and replaced the sound file in Simple Time Lite with the modified version. Once you have the sound file (see attached), you simply store it in the correct location with the correct name, and SimpleTime Lite will play it for you.

I offered this file to the makers of Simple Time Lite a while ago, but I have not heard back from them. The file is chime.m4a, which I have uploaded in the attached chime.zip.

I used Internalz to copy the file to
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.simpletouchsoftware.simpletimelite/sounds/voices/chime/Big-Ben/ where I renamed it to sound.m4a to replace the file of the same name at that location.

I now get my old "Chime v1.2" chime every hour, and life is good. If you have trouble following these directions, you can either reply here or shoot me a PM and I'll try to help you out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Launch-day Verizon Palm Pre+
    I have the opposite problem, my Palm Pre 2 with Web OS 2.1 is chiming every 30 mins (it started about 3 days ago), and I have no idea how to turn it off. I have searched the Clock and Alarms and even tried removing the battery all to no avail.
    Does anyone have an idea what could be causing it?

thanks,
    Colin