1.    #1  
    Ok guys having some troubles here. I want to set the switch so when in the off position (the red color) it doesn't vibrate or make any noise, and when in the on position, it will vibrate and make noise, but if i reduce the volume down to no sound it will still vibrate. When i set the switch to be mute, it still vibrates!
    Have you changed the ringer switch option in sounds&ringtone to mute? If so what exactly vibrates when the ringer switch is red, text, email etc?
    If you want everything to vibrate when ringer switch is not red make sure you go to the text, email apps and change it in preferences aswell as in the sounds&ringtones.
    Go into the 'Sounds & Ringtones' app. For Ringer Switch Off, select 'Mute'. Your phone should no longer vibrate when the Ringer switch is off.
  4.    #4  
    i did set it to mute, and it still vibrates! thats what i dont get.
  5.    #5  
    When the ringer switch is red, texts vibrate. I'm trying to isolate, so i was going a step at a time sending myself texts, then i'll send myself e-mails and so on. But right now, texts are vibrating when it's red.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    You need to change the alert type from within the Messaging preferences, if it's set to vibrate in Messaging, then even if it's on silent it will still vibrate.
  7.    #7  
    it's set to ringtone. I have a special text tone for it.
  8.    #8  
    Just did a test, Both AIM and texts make it go off, as do emails.
  9.    #9  
    it was the sms vibrate to two seconds patch... i got to thinking about it and removed it and thats what it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    it was the sms vibrate to two seconds patch... i got to thinking about it and removed it and thats what it was.
    Glad you figured it out
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Hahah stupid me, I installed the patch too and forgot I removed it because it kept vibrating even when I needed my phone to be silent! Good catch
  12.    #12  
    Now, is there another patch that may not interfere that will extend vibration time... i just feel like the vibrate is too short :-\
  13.    #13  
    I also noticed now, when i set it to mute, i hear no system sounds like when i flick a card away. is this normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    I also noticed now, when i set it to mute, i hear no system sounds like when i flick a card away. is this normal?
    Yes, that is normal.
  15.    #15  
    Oh all right, so all is functioning fine now. Do you all feel the stock vibrate when it's in your pocket? I mainly like it for when i'm talking to somebody face to face but don't want to bother them with the sound. Is there any other vibrate patches that will extend vibration while allowing the mute function?
    I do feel the stock vibrate both in my pocket and in my Palm side case, but many people do not, so I may just be super sensitive.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  17.    #17  
    Yeah, i just wish there was a way to extend the vibration while maintaining the mute switch.