1.    #1  
    Does this sound correct? Both my girlfriend's and my pixi lose 1% battery life per hour after it's removed from the charger. Took hers off charge around 11 pm and at 9 am it's at 90%. Wifi is on, GPS off, brightness at 30%, mail as it arrives and backup is on. Those are the only things that could be doing it. If i turn the wifi off, will the 3g suck more life out of it?
    that's normal for smartphones. he processors are much more powerful then dumbphone processors, so they need more power. i don't think you can get the power drain much lower then 1% per hour.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Does this sound correct? Both my girlfriend's and my pixi lose 1% battery life per hour after it's removed from the charger. Took hers off charge around 11 pm and at 9 am it's at 90%. Wifi is on, GPS off, brightness at 30%, mail as it arrives and backup is on. Those are the only things that could be doing it. If i turn the wifi off, will the 3g suck more life out of it?
    The general understanding is that the phone will drain the battery less when Wifi is enabled, and, as above, a 1% drain per hour is really quite reasonable.
  4.    #4  
    Hmm, so i guess i'm good then lol. I'm new to smart phones, this is my first one. So i was used to the 10 day standby times on regular phones. So, when i turn the screen off, all it's basically doing is making it unseen but it's really still running just the same behind that black screen?
    yes this is normal and I keep everything on GPS, 3G, bluetooth, all notifications etc and I loose 1% a hour as well on standby perfectly normal.
    WOW. That's great!! I would be totally happy with that. I'm glad to get 14 hours out of a charge with my Pre.
  7.    #7  
    I get about a full days use with between 35 and 75% left. I text a lot, maybe a call or two and the a few games.
    Global Posts
    527 Global Posts
    umm.. i go to sleep when at 100% and i wake up 8hrs later to read my battery is at 95%

here are some tips:

turn off/sign out of your IM (huge battery waster)

if you have weatherIcon app.. uninstall it

turn brightness down very low

i usually reset my device before bed or every other day before bed

normally i get 2 days regular usage without charging it..
    1% per hour? so you get 100 hours of standby? I wish I got that...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by supertom View Post
    umm.. i go to sleep when at 100% and i wake up 8hrs later to read my battery is at 95%

here are some tips:

turn off/sign out of your IM (huge battery waster)

if you have weatherIcon app.. uninstall it

turn brightness down very low

i usually reset my device before bed or every other day before bed

normally i get 2 days regular usage without charging it..
    I have my brightness at 20%, never sign onto my AIM, no weather icon, facebook alerts off, email set to as it arrives, backup is on, i reset my device periodically, GPS off i can't think of any others.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    1% per hour? so you get 100 hours of standby? I wish I got that...
    +1
    If I got that I would not need the extra chargers/batteries any more.

If I got 1% per hour it means I'm not using the phone and would save $120.00 a month after getting rid of the phone and family plan. Oh the joys of the past.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I'd pay to get a 1%/hr loss.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I have my brightness at 20%, never sign onto my AIM, no weather icon, facebook alerts off, email set to as it arrives, backup is on, i reset my device periodically, GPS off i can't think of any others.
    i get about 10% per hour with jus about these settings..
    That's actually not that bad, when I am at school from 6AM-4PM, my battery drops to 80% from VERY light use.
    so my Palm Pixi will use less battery power if I leave the wifi option on even if I'm not near a wifi connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by structur8 View Post
    so my Palm Pixi will use less battery power if I leave the wifi option on even if I'm not near a wifi connection?
    Nope, if you're not near wifi, it's probably more efficient to turn it off. But frankly, on my Pre, I don't notice that much of a difference whether I leave it on at work (where there is no wifi) or turn it off.

However, there is a noticeable difference at home using wifi instead of EV.

So, if you're the forgetful sort (I am), and you forget to turn wifi back on when you get home, it's probably better to leave it on all the time than it is to leave it off all the time.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  17.    #17  
    Yeah, when i'm away from a wireless network, i turn it off, or else it will search for a wireless network to connect to, hence killing the battery.
    That email setting to get it as it arrives is a battery killer. Better to set it to a short time like 10-15 min. But come on. You have some many great features on your Pixie, why limit the capabilities to the bare minimum. How about a touchstone charger so you can enjoy all the features of your Pixie?
    Very normal... wish I had your phone dude.
    wow 30% brightness? I'd go blind that's so bright, I have mine at 4% or lower.

as for the setting the email poll to 10-15 mins, will that actually save battery? I find the opposite since I don't get many emails. I had less battery life before I set it to as it arrives.

the biggest killer is having alot of msg's come through, sms or IM .. If its signed in but nothing sent/recieved then its not a big drain.. Once I startup a convo battery life drains quite fast. But I never use the wifi..though I have good signal strength.