1.    #1  
    Just stopped by Radioshack and they still had 10+ pixi touchstone covers in stock for 8 bucks each.

They only had 5 docks left @ $15 each. If you don't have one yet it's a great investment.
    Where is the Shack you're referring to located?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    most still have some in stock, just check their website and it should tell you which stores still have it available.
    That's not bad considering they're $19.99 at my nearby Shack.
    Quote Originally Posted by plank19 View Post
    That's not bad considering they're $19.99 at my nearby Shack.
    At my local RS the Touchstone was priced at "$19.99 Clearance" but when they rang it up, it was actually $15.95.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
  6.    #6  
    The prices are all labeled wrong. They will ring up properly. The store I went to had completely incorrect prices.

I live in Florida. If you go here:

PalmŪ Pixi™ Touchstone™ Back Cover (Black) - RadioShack.com

and click "find it in store" you can type in your zip code and it will tell you what local stores have them.

Link for Dock:

Palm Touchstone Charging Dock for Pre and Pixi : Cell Phone Chargers | RadioShack.com

My flap was already feeling flimsy and I charge almost twice a day so this was a no brainer.
    Just got a few in Houston - a guy at the first store I went to did a search for TS stock in local stores. I ended up getting 4 TS w/backs @ $15.97, and a couple of Palm car chargers for 9.97.

Now I can experiment with mod'ing backs for extended batteries - yeehaaa!

BTW - I'm assuming the backs for Pre's and Plus'es are the same???

russ
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    Just got a few in Houston - a guy at the first store I went to did a search for TS stock in local stores. I ended up getting 4 TS w/backs @ $15.97, and a couple of Palm car chargers for 9.97.

Now I can experiment with mod'ing backs for extended batteries - yeehaaa!

BTW - I'm assuming the backs for Pre's and Plus'es are the same???

russ
    Actually, because of the different form factors, the backs are different...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    "Actually, because of the different form factors, the backs are different..."

Ah, shucks!! Thanks for the info, anyways...

Well, the TS for $16 was good enough! I might disect a Pre back to see how things are placed/embedded, wired, etc.

russ
    ***!!!!!!!! at the sprint store by my house the case was $20-30 and the deck was like $70 i wish i would have knew this ahead of time.. damn taxes are higher in FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Actually, because of the different form factors, the backs are different...
    Hi Blaize,

The Pre backs should be completely interchangeable. I have a Plus, and have several RS backs from their blow-out. I can't tell them apart.

I think the only difference is between the Pixi and the Pre. I didn't inspect the Pixi backs that closely, but the Pixi and Pixi plus also appear to be identical. I don't see any differentiation in part numbers on Palm's site in their accessory store... were you referring to the TS+back kits that RS was selling? I don't know that Radio Shack ever sold a TS+back for the Pixi, but they definitely still have Pixi backs at the RS locations in Atlanta.
    Pre and Pre Plus TS backs are the same. Pixi and Pixi Plus backs are the same. Pre and Pixi backs are not interchangable.
    Wow, awesome deal!!! Too bad the stores in my area only have the backs and not the chargers...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    out of the 4 Touchstone's I've picked up in the past week, only 1 was on the wall. Once I asked the salesperson had to go and get it out of the back. Are you just looking or asking too?