Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jakelaw
  1.    #1  
    I am not a huge fan of the built in web broswer that comes with Palm Pixi. See for some reason on my phone it constantly wants to stay in landscape mode and when it is like that you can not get to the address bar or even type anything to get it to pop up which tottaly ticks me off. So i just want to know if there is another web broswer maybe i can try out and fall in love with.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Currently there is not another option as far as web browsers are concern on WebOS. There was talk of firefox being ported. Maybe after the update, we will see that happen, but for now, the best you can do to the browser is patch it up.
  3.    #3  
    Yea but there is no patched for address bar in landscape mode. Does anyone else have a problem with there browser staying in landscape?
    if you have trouble keeping it in landscape, it might be your accelerometer.
    Did you run a diagnostics test on your accelerometer?
  5.    #5  
    No how do i do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by tobymac987 View Post
    No how do i do that?
    Go to device info (originally on last page of launcher). At the bottom of the page, tap the button for more info. Then pull down the menu in the upper left corner. Select "Interactive Tests." Perform the screen tests.
    Good luck with that. I had the Pixi but returned it because of the web browser, as I am a heavy web user. I loved the phone though.
    John 3:16
    Quote Originally Posted by tobymac987 View Post
    Yea but there is no patched for address bar in landscape mode. Does anyone else have a problem with there browser staying in landscape?
    There's a patch for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    There's a patch for that.
    where..? i cant find it in preware O.O
    it's called multi mod
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I have been using Opera Mini for a while now great landscape browser, but wil only work through Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I have been using Opera Mini for a while now great landscape browser, but wil only work through Classic
    What do you mean "through classic?"
    irconfused likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    What do you mean "through classic?"
    He means the Classic app. It allows you to run Palm OS apps. You can find it in the App Catalog.
    Just call me Berd.