1.    #1  
    Well just got the replacement for my pixi (had screen issues and would randomly shut off) and for my wifes pre (almost everything broke on it) well first of all we definately got refurbs because my replacment pixi was really dirty (had stuff in the ear speaker gross) and you could not hear anything out of the ear speaker, so had to reorder. The wifes pre was ok, had some scratches but much better shape then the one it replaced, but the chrome peice over the ear peice broke off within 5 min.

While waiting like almost 2 hours for nothing but disapointment, I couldnt help but hear several other customers complaing about hardware problems with their pre's. I'm just glad I opeted for the pixi because its more of a solid device. Its really disapointing that palm has such a great OS and such horrible quality devices, I mean when they were in development didn't they find that the hardware was poor? They had to see all these issues before they were marketed. Oh well I am still looking forward to the next device and future updates because I just love the OS, I really hope HP steps in and brings the standard up to par with quality where it should be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My palm history-
    Palm OS: Handspring visor, sony clie
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
  2.    #2  
    I had the dreaded pixi touchstone usb flap issue, well I called the number sprint gave me and they didn't want to help me and refered me to the palm corporate and they right away were very nice and are sending me a brand new touchstone back cover, I asked if I need to send my old one in and he said "no, keep it or throw it away" so sweet!! I'm glad palm is trying their best to make customers happy. I think its the middle man (sprint etc) that causes a lot of frustration with crappy referbs.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My palm history-
    Palm OS: Handspring visor, sony clie
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    I had an issue with the Touchstone Artist Series USB flap too. At first I thought it was broken so I called Palm and they sent me a new one. Same problem. I'm guessing it's some kind of design flaw or something, because the flap always seems to break/fall off when I open it.