Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    charging on the touchstone it'll charge fine until it gets to 100%, my Pixi begins to "charge" and "not charge."

This happens about every 30 seconds. It will beep saying it is charging, then 30 seconds later, it will stop charging. Then 30 seconds later, it will begin to charge again -- and another beep. until I take it off I tried repositioning the Pixi on the touchstone but it'll continue beeping

I've used the wall charger with the pixi I dont have the problem with it beeping when fully charged

Has anyone else encountered this? any way to stop this from happening?

thank you

Last edited by errbin; 05/25/2010 at 04:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    nobody?
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I also have this problem with GSM Pre. It seems that WebOS has some glitch when the battery is full and it is still on the touchstone. I suggest to either use a patch on preware to disable the charging beep or take it out of the charger when its full. Sorry, but I think Palm needs to fix this in future version of WebOS.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    It's an issue with the touchstone, not an issue with the phone. If you can still return it(the touchstone), I would. I have 2 touchstones and one does the bing bong when it's fully charged and the other never does it.
    You could also try a different TS Back Cover. My wife's Pixi is experiencing this same issue on both her TS and mine; however, my Pre has no trouble on either TS, so I really don't think it's a TS issue. I'm about to go swap out my wife's TS Back Cover, so I don't know yet if this will fix it.
    I have this problem and I own one Touchstone, a Pixi, and a Pre. It only happens on the Pixi.

The Pixi charges just like the OP said: completely fine up to 100%, but after it hits 100%, it begins cycling through charging and not charging. My Pre, when placed on the same Touchstone unit, does not have this problem.

It is interesting to me because it charges both phones perfectly; it's just that when the Pixi hits 100%, it goes haywire.

Because of this, I have to conclude it is an issue either with the Pixi's touchstone backplate (but then why does it charge fine all the way to 100%?), or a software issue with the Pixi (why aren't many others affected by this?).
    there is a patch to work around it. But the consensus is that this is a touchstone issue. I have 5 touchstones without the issue, but apparently there was a batch that had the defect.
    also, you must use the palm branded wall adapter. Cheap ebay adapters will cause this behavior. Palm branded adapters are on Amazon,com for under $10 delivered
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    OK so which should I return the charger or the backplate?

lol
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    also, you must use the palm branded wall adapter. Cheap ebay adapters will cause this behavior. Palm branded adapters are on Amazon,com for under $10 delivered

I'm using the Palm wall adapter

oh and last night it got worse it started beeping at 89% charged
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    It's an issue with the touchstone, not an issue with the phone. If you can still return it(the touchstone), I would. I have 2 touchstones and one does the bing bong when it's fully charged and the other never does it.
    +1.

I have 3 touchstones. 2 never do this, but one does the bong bong thing. It's definitely a touchstone malfunction.
    Returned my wife's Pixi Back Cover to Radio Shack for a new one. New one is working great! No ding-dong crap. Seems to me that certain back covers work only with certain touchstones. You just have to keep exchanging them until you get a matching pair.

On another note, the Pixi Back cover for TS was now down to $7.97 and the TS's were down to $15.97 @ RS today. I cleaned them out!
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Yea the staff @ Radioshack seem to think Palm is going belly up and are selling everything cheap

returned the touchstone and now it works great!!!

I can't see how it's a Touchstone problem in my case when my Pre uses the same Touchstone and does not have the problem

Quote Originally Posted by andidendel View Post
    Seems to me that certain back covers work only with certain touchstones. You just have to keep exchanging them until you get a matching pair.
    Have you tried running the interactive tests? I contacted Palm support and they had me do the interactive test and now my phone (as long as I don't put it on some crazy angle) only beeps when I first place it on and when it reaches close to %100. Now the trick was finding out where the interactive tests were. Never would have found them myself without tech supports help. Go to "Device Info" icon and then to upper left corner under Preferences -> Tests -> Interactive Tests -> Power -> Touchstone. It is a guided test where you put phone on and off the touchstone very easy.

Good Luck
    My Pre works fine on the TS, but the wife's Pixi, after several weeks without issue, today decided to boycott the TS. It just won't charge at all. No charging icon, no sounds, no nothing! Again, this same TS works fine with my Pre and I'm using the Sprint provided cable and wall charger