Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    My pixi takes just shy of 2min 50 secs from the time the palm logo appears when i hold the power button to the time when i can actually see my background. I thought i read somewhere it was 1 min 30 secs. Is this the case with everyones phone? Any ideas.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    My pixi takes just shy of 2min 50 secs from the time the palm logo appears when i hold the power button to the time when i can actually see my background. I thought i read somewhere it was 1 min 30 secs. Is this the case with everyones phone? Any ideas.
    Mine also takes forever to start up
  3. #3  
    yeah they are slow to boot up.. i came from a blackberry though so its nothing new to me
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

    RIP

  4. #4  
    smartphones are sloooow to start. My blackberry is over 5 min to start. Me pre is almost 5. My theory is that they must have a tiny little floppy drive they are booting from.... Like in the days of MS-DOS
  5. #6  
    i wish there was atLEAST a status bar like my bb 8530 had - it DOES take forever - never actually taken time to count the minutes though lol
  6. #7  
    They definately aren't designed to be rebooted. If you are just doing periodic rebooting for the purpose of things running more smoothly, I recommend the homebrew App Reboot Scheduler. You can set it to reboot when you aren't normally using it.
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    They definately aren't designed to be rebooted. If you are just doing periodic rebooting for the purpose of things running more smoothly, I recommend the homebrew App Reboot Scheduler. You can set it to reboot when you aren't normally using it.
    how do i get homebrew on my phone??? i keep seeing and hearing about this everywhere (newbie here obviously, lol) - is it something i can get to my phone without having to download anything to my computer?? (my home PC is out of commission, so Im using my work one and am not able to download to it. ty)
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jess_blalock0312 View Post
    how do i get homebrew on my phone??? i keep seeing and hearing about this everywhere (newbie here obviously, lol) - is it something i can get to my phone without having to download anything to my computer?? (my home PC is out of commission, so Im using my work one and am not able to download to it. ty)
    Go here: http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes

    You will need a computer to get started. Perhaps you can use a friend's.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  9. hsukirk's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #10  
    Always took forever to start. I had HD2 before Pre and found its painful waiting everytime I change battery. You will get used to it sooner or later.
  10. #11  
    Sadly yes...
  11. i_maq's Avatar
    Posts
    383 Posts
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    #12  
    Weird, I've just got a new Pixi+ on O2 UK which has 1.4.1.3 firmware and it loads up much quicker, nearer to a minute... I wonder what's changed....

    Last edited by i_maq; 06/08/2010 at 03:31 PM.

Posting Permissions