1.    #1  
    I have tried on 2 different computers to no avail...

Initially attempted to move, probably 50+ mp3 files to my new Pixi using Windows Media Player... Only 16 showed up on the Pixi's music launching program. When I connect the Pixi to the computer as a USB drive, all the files show up as being on the phone.

Tried to move 16 mp3 files just now on different computer by just directly transferring the file to the Pixi from Windows. Songs show up when I read the phone as a USB drive... When I launch the music program none of the songs show up...

HELP!!!!
    Dont really know the Pixi, but not sure if you can actually do file tasks like moving music from Windows Media Player. Also, not sure how you are trying to do that, but I have seen issues when trying to copy songs to an ipod or other mp3 device. If you are just dragging the files you see IN WMP , you may not be actually dragging the files, but the shortcuts, and then , of course, the Pixi would not see them as music files.

When you tried do it after that via USB, maybe you were trying to copy the same songs that did not come over, and you were trying to drag the sames songs and the Pixi either thought they already existed because the shortcut name was the same as the file name?

This of course is just a guess , as I have seen a similar behavior, trying to copy songs from WMP

If anyone else has any better ideas, it would be interesting to see.

Good Luck!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

3.    #3  
    Well, according to the Pixi "Help" screens I should be able to drag files directly from my computer to the Pixi while in USB mode... When I do this the MP3 files show up when I look at the Pixi as a USB drive on my computer; but when I open the music app on the Pixi it shows no music files available...

I'm going crazy!!
  4.    #4  
    No other ideas...

Anyone???

Bueller...

Bueller...

Bueller...
    The only thing I would make sure is that they are truly mp3 files. are you putting them in a certain folder on the Pixi? WHen I stored them on my Pre I created a music folder and stored all music there and songs I thought were mp3 werent' showing up so I went back and checked and realized they were wma files. You might need to turn on file extensions on your computer to see what type of files they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Dont really know the Pixi, but not sure if you can actually do file tasks like moving music from Windows Media Player. Also, not sure how you are trying to do that, but I have seen issues when trying to copy songs to an ipod or other mp3 device. If you are just dragging the files you see IN WMP , you may not be actually dragging the files, but the shortcuts, and then , of course, the Pixi would not see them as music files.

When you tried do it after that via USB, maybe you were trying to copy the same songs that did not come over, and you were trying to drag the sames songs and the Pixi either thought they already existed because the shortcut name was the same as the file name?

This of course is just a guess , as I have seen a similar behavior, trying to copy songs from WMP

If anyone else has any better ideas, it would be interesting to see.

Good Luck!
    thats how i did it - windows music files via USB.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The only thing I would make sure is that they are truly mp3 files. are you putting them in a certain folder on the Pixi? WHen I stored them on my Pre I created a music folder and stored all music there and songs I thought were mp3 werent' showing up so I went back and checked and realized they were wma files. You might need to turn on file extensions on your computer to see what type of files they are.
    Just did some checking and you are correct!! Only the MP3 files are accessible... Now gotta go convert my files to MP3 format...