Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    A few weeks ago I was reading reviews for the Pixi and one i remember is that the pixi was prone to having ringer switch problems. A problem was when you switch it from silent to normal ring, it constantly switches back to silent mode.

I experienced this problem for a few hours after i dropped my phone. It hit the ground front facing up and after a few hours of frustration I decided to try an unconventional method to fix it. Since it landed on the ground front facing up, I decided to *lightly* bang my phone a few times on my mouse pad front facing down.

and Lo and Behold!.. it WORKED!

**Update**

Ok guys, I have found a more permanent fix for this by accident... the original non-touchstone pixi backcover's magnet on the usb flap fell off yesterday and was annoying me cuz it was hanging open all day, so i bought an $8 touchstone backcover @radioshack, switched out the covers and NOW i've discovered I no longer have ANY switch problems!!!

the cover makes it feel more solid too (i have a Sprint Pixi btw)
    Last edited by supertom; 06/11/2010 at 06:41 AM.
    Ha! that actually did work for me too.

I pretty much just focused my controlled "falling" on the ringer switch on my mouse pad and that seemed the stop the play I was experiencing with my ringer switch.

Thanks! such a simple solution.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scr512 View Post
    Ha! that actually did work for me too.

I pretty much just focused my controlled "falling" on the ringer switch on my mouse pad and that seemed the stop the play I was experiencing with my ringer switch.

Thanks! such a simple solution.
    no prob, just doin my part to help!
    Lol these are unconventional methods to fix a ringer switch problem!
    I've never dropped my pixi... i got the phone about a week ago and after installing a few patches and apps the other day it started having these random ghost vibrations for no reason. its almost like a notification repeat but it still happens after i reply to a message and even when the phone is completely idle....

Help Please??
    I had the same problem with my switch. After taking off the back cover, I realized the switch actually was broken a little. It seemed like it was on but actually would move just enough to turn the ringer off. I took it back to Sprint and they gave me a new one. My phone was only 2-3 weeks old. Not a good sign, but I do like the phone.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    i updated the thread with another more permanent fix!
    I have been having this problem for months...almost half the amount of time I've owned my Pixi. For those who have tried to purchase another cover (as I did) with no results: The problem is more specifically the hole in which the switch goes through. It is too small. So today, I took a knife and a pair of scissors to it and widened the opening so that it doesn't automatically switch off on me.

It worked great! I haven't been able to listen to music or really hear my phone in so long. Now I can set a ringer again.