1.    #1  
    So does anyone know if the palm pixi from Sprint that I am looking to upgrade to will allow me to set different text tones to individual contacts??? Like set one friend as one song and the texting tone for that ONE person also be the same??? It's a huge feature for me or will the whole preware stuff whatever that is, let me do that as well...
    there is a patch that does exactly that
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ77 View Post
    So does anyone know if the palm pixi from Sprint that I am looking to upgrade to will allow me to set different text tones to individual contacts???
    Yes...but not out of the box. You will need to install the SMS Tone per Contact patch (or perhaps SMS Tone per Contact v2).

This patch adds a message tone field to all of your contacts. Once this field is set, it will play that tone when any SMS message comes in from that contact. If the contact doesn't have a message tone set, it will go to the global default message tone set in Sounds and Alerts. If there is not a global default set, it will simply play the alert. This patch also adds the ability to set the alert tone and notifications tone from the Sounds & Alerts application.

Best route in my opinion is to first install Preware and then use Preware to install that patch.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  4.    #4  
    Hmmmm where would I find that patch? I don't even quite know what a patch is HA HA HA pathetic?????
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  6.    #6  
    Oh and one more question, would I be able to buy music like I can now wit my OLD AZZ LG rumor and set as separate contacts for text individuals, but I can buy like any song and use it or does this mean I will only be able to assign those ones that come with the phone to contacts???? Or can I buy from Sprint or whoever and assign those too????
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ77 View Post
    Hmmmm where would I find that patch? I don't even quite know what a patch is HA HA HA pathetic?????
    Believe me, it is safe and easy to do. You will not regret it.

Good luck.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you I'm actually going to get right on that now...
    I know you can use ANY mp3 as a ringtone. I assume that applies to that patch as well.
    Get the SMS per contact patch. You won't regret it.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Yes...but not out of the box. You will need to install the SMS Tone per Contact patch (or perhaps SMS Tone per Contact v2).

If the contact doesn't have a message tone set, it will go to the global default message tone set in Sounds and Alerts. If there is not a global default set, it will simply play the alert.
    i"ve added this patch a few times on my Pixi and when you don't have a tone set for a contact it doesn't go to the default tone, it doesn't make any sound... and why does the sms tone only last like 2 or 4 seconds... this is one of the worst features of the phone... does anyone know if there's a patch to fix that.. i miss so may text messages because i can't hear it... 4 seconds really! geeeeesh!
    Quote Originally Posted by dblessmd View Post
    i"ve added this patch a few times on my Pixi and when you don't have a tone set for a contact it doesn't go to the default tone, it doesn't make any sound... and why does the sms tone only last like 2 or 4 seconds... this is one of the worst features of the phone... does anyone know if there's a patch to fix that.. i miss so may text messages because i can't hear it... 4 seconds really! geeeeesh!
    Thanks to Abyssul, there is another patch that will extend the vibrate time for SMS messages:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...extension.html
    I LOVE that patch, and I use to to make MY Pre even more personal and useful to ME

If you are using personal text indicators, here is a tip I use. I like to know who the text is from, and I can remember what songs I would set for what person.

So, I went to Zedge Text to Speech, Voice maker

Zedge | Make Voicetones for your cell phone - Free your phone with the Voicemaker!

And did a little tone, followed by text to speech, like beep, Text from Stacey

This way I can hear who its from, and if Im in a situation where it can wait, I can decidee to wait or attend to it.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre