View Poll Results: Happy with Pixi over the Pre?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm happy with the Pixi

48 42.86%
  • I would had rather gotten a Pre

11 9.82%
  • I would have rather had a Pixi if it had Pre Specs

45 40.18%
  • The static Keyboard is the major reason I went with the Pixi

36 32.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering how many are content with the Pixi, or would have rather gotten a Pre, and why?

(I set the poll to allow more than one choice)
    Just call me Berd.
    I have a Pre, but would MUCH rather have had the Pixi, if it had the Pre Specs.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by andidendel View Post
    I have a Pre, but would MUCH rather have had the Pixi, if it had the Pre Specs.
    Yes, I'm still somewhat torn. I have the Treo Pro and the static keyboard has been why I keep coming back to the Treo form factor.

Why did you choose the Pixi over the Pre?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yes, I'm still somewhat torn. I have the Treo Pro and the static keyboard has been why I keep coming back to the Treo form factor.

Why did you choose the Pixi over the Pre?
    Def. the old treo/centro form factor. Even given the lower specs, if the sprint pixi had wifi, I'd be all over it.

On another note, my biggest beef with WebOS is the lack of proxy support for the WiFi connection...but that's another topic...and one no one around here seems to want to discuss...or patch.
    I'm happy with my Pixi. I would obviously like it much more if it had the Pre specs.

I like the slim design and keyboard over what the Pre offers. The Pre just seems a bit bloated to me.
    I feel like each WebOS update enhances the Pixi & makes me happier with my purchase, but not having wifi kind of bites. A slightly larger screen, faster cpu, & superior camera (coupled with a larger battery) would be the perfect combo imo, but I suppose this will be a natural technological progression - if Palm keeps the Pixi line around that is.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    If the Pixi+ had the Pre+ specs AND the form factor I'd be a happy man, but I like my Pixi+ as it is anyway.
  8.    #8  
    I'll tell you...

If the Pixi had Pre Specs it would be a no-brainer for me.

I prefer static keyboards

Fortunately the Pixi+ has Wifi.
    Just call me Berd.
    Yes, yes I am. I had the Pre for a month, felt like garbage. Traded it in for my Pixi and I love the build quality and the form factor.
  10.    #10  
    I guess if I get the Pixi and my Wife asks; 'Did You Get Another Phone?'
    I can say; 'No, this is my Treo Pro.'
    Just call me Berd.
    after having the pre for 11 months i switched to the pixi. i have no idea why i waited this long to do it. in terms of having pre-like specs, it practically already does save for a small handful.

the form factor and weight makes the switch 100% worth it. date i say the best industrial design on a mass-produced smartphone... ever?
    My wife likes her Pixi much better than my Pre. She was sending a text on my Pre earlier and said she hated the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    She was sending a text on my Pre earlier and said she hated the keyboard.
    I can understand what she means. I really hate how it slants at an angle. It just seems so awkward to me.
    The Pixi ketboard is just so much better than the Pre.
    Also the slide area on the Pixi is better
    Hi, new to the site and to Palm and the Pixi. The Pixi is the first non-blackberry smartphone I have owned. I’m on day 2 of this trip into pixi land and so far I am very pleased with my new phone.

While waiting for my new phone to arrive I came to this site to read up on the pros and cons of the phone and the OS. I found lots of great info and honest evaluations of both phones here, so hats off to the Creators, moderators and members. Very helpful information for newbies.

At first I was a little apprehensive about getting the Pixi instead of the Pre. I went back and forth on both and swapped the Pixi for the Pre in my mind several times before the Pixi even arrived. The day before my phone arrived I went to my local Sprint store to reaffirm my decision before D day. Although the salesman was pushing the Pre hard and heavy and there are things that I like about the Pre, I just could not get over how well the Pixi felt in my hand.

Anyways, the Pixi arrived and wow what a difference it has been over the blackberry. The ease of use and the speed is great. Very happy with the phone and eager to learn all the in's and out's of it. My only concern is down the road, will I out grow this in 6 months? Is sprint going to still be supporting it? I know none of us can see into the future but these are things in the back of my mind........

Thanks
    LD
  16.    #16  
    My main concern is all the support and activity in the Pre forums vs the Pixi.

Is anyone using Classic with the Pixi?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    My main concern is all the support and activity in the Pre forums vs the Pixi.

Is anyone using Classic with the Pixi?
    I use Classic and it does work. I have 2 beefs with it however
    1 they picked the Centro to emulate and not the 700p or 755
    2 You have no stylus

With that said, until more apps come out Classic can be a life savor
    doesnt the pre have better software than the pixi or whats the difference between the two other than wifi?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jess_blalock0312 View Post
    doesnt the pre have better software than the pixi or whats the difference between the two other than wifi?
    Depends which versions you're talking about, the Pixi Plus has wifi. The Pre has a bigger screen, slightly higher resolution, different form factor obviously, and more RAM (operating memory) and ROM (16gb on the Pre Plus as opposed to 8gb on the Pixi). Those are the noticeable differences afaikafaikafaik.
    Quote Originally Posted by jess_blalock0312 View Post
    The processors are different and the screen resolutions are different. These factors may affect your ability to use a few apps. Otherwise, the OS is the same and most apps will run on both.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast