View Poll Results: Happy with Pixi over the Pre?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm happy with the Pixi

48 42.86%
  • I would had rather gotten a Pre

11 9.82%
  • I would have rather had a Pixi if it had Pre Specs

45 40.18%
  • The static Keyboard is the major reason I went with the Pixi

36 32.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I enjoy the Pixi.
    I HAD a Pixi. Took it back because the web browser didn't work for me. I needed to view in Zoom, and zoom would not fit to page. Scrolling sideways, up and down was a hassle.

I got an Android Samsung Moment. Browser is nice and zooms to fit very nicely.

I MISS MY PIXI!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE COME BACK TO ME PIXI! i'LL NEVER LEAVE YOU AGAIN. I KNOW I ONLY KNEW YOU FOR A WEEK BUT YOU HAD ME AT HELLO! COME BACK..............

There. Got that off my chest.
    John 3:16
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I guess if I get the Pixi and my Wife asks; 'Did You Get Another Phone?'
    I can say; 'No, this is my Treo Pro.'
    Good luck with that, lol.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I had the Pre for almost a year, and lost it a week before eligible for an upgrade. I figured I'd save money and just get the cheaper upgrade rather than put in an insurance claim. I only just got the Pixi today, but so far setting it up, it seems decent. I think I am going to love it as much as the Pre in it's own way. I can already tell there are things I like better about each, and things I dislike about each. I'll post on this thread again in a couple weeks when I know for sure which phone IMO is the better experience...
    I absolutely love the form factor of the Pixi. Its feels really secure in my hands, and texting on it is a breeze. However, I would have liked it to have had Pre specs.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I prefer Pixi form factor but decide on Pre for its spec.
    I would have rather gotten the Pre. I love the Pixi's form factor but the screen is too small for my tastes. Plus I'm getting frustrated with the "Too many cards" message popping up when I have one or no cards open. But being the poor ******* I am I jumped at the chance to get some WebOS action for free through Sprint. Hopefully by the time my next upgrade rolls around there will be a new WebOS phone available and I'll have some money saved up.
    happy with the pixi but would have been perfect with same size screen as pre
    Quote Originally Posted by makatram View Post
    happy with the pixi but would have been perfect with same size screen as pre
    I Agree, if it was just a candy bar of the Pre it would be GREAT!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    When the Pre first came out, I really loved the round, slider design. Now that it's been a while since it was released and both the Pixi and Pre are available on Verizon, I just don't like the Pre's design, and love the candy bar look of the Pixi, and the interchangeable backs to make it different colors or designs. I'm going from a Samsung Alias, so the Pixi without Pre specs is still definitely a huge upgrade for me, and I don't need that many cards open at a time anyway. The only thing I was a bit upset about was 3-d gaming, but since that's coming to Pixi soon, then I'm happy with the Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    My main concern is all the support and activity in the Pre forums vs the Pixi.

Is anyone using Classic with the Pixi?
    I have Classic installed on my at&t Pixi+
    I went back and forth before getting my Sprint Pixi. The form factor and kb sold me. I'm not into gaming and don't need wifi in my area. If those are important to you then get a Pre or a Pixi + and wait for the PDK games.

I've been very pleased with my Pixi, well except the named:-). I have my work exchange email and a pop email account. They sync perfectly. The calendar works great over exchange as well. I even got Golfpinfinder and it works perfectly and is as accurate as my buddies high dollar golf GPS.

I would love a slightly larger version with a little larger screen, more memory and wifi in the next device. Although everyone loves my phone once they have time to play with it.

the build quality is very good. I am not a big fan of sliders. So those are the reasons I chose the Pixi and my experiences the last 4 months. And you came to the right place. Good info here.
    Well I like my Pixi I am not A Pro Pixi person by any means but I was curious about the WebOS since it came out. I could not wait for the pre to come out as I was a former Palm Treo owner from the 600, 650, 700, 755p and I was waiting and waiting on palm to come out with somthing nice. I saw the video;s and said wow I like it and I went to the local Sprint store when it came out i held it and tryed to text on it and said nope. I went to blackberry 8350. I had this phone for a while I must say rock solid OS and awesome phone but I like apps and self customization. I found while the Blackberry was a nice device and dependable I wanted something different. I stepped up to a HTC Touch then the Touch Pro 2. I have been up for a upgrade for years Been waiting on something to catch my eye. I waited and waited on something for Sprint so the Palm Pixi came up as a free phone so I grabbed one cause I wanted to try the WebOS so I have had it a couple weeks and as my Touch Pro 2 has bigger screen I like alot of the Options and custom things on the Pixi. I have not had any lockup's or any problems with it now as I said this is by far the cream of the crop but as for being slow I came from Blackberry and Windows phones so speed I am not used to and I am not so damn busy that I do not have time to wait a couple seconds for something to load I mean come on it is not as slow as dial up LOL. I do like mine and will continue to play with it and tinker wth it but most definately like it over the Pre.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I have both as I bought a Pixi as a temporary phone, while Palm fixed my Pre.

I loved the form factor and feel of the Pixi. The keyboard is a dream to type on.

However I am not thrilled with the subpar hardware specs mainly the 320x400 resolution, 2.6" screen and slower processor.

The Pre's hardware specs are already outdated by today's standards but at the very least it has the strong homebrew community going for it. Uberkernal it's assorted scripts have made my Pre feel like a brand new device.
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
    kinda wish i had gotten the pixi+ now. I love my pre+ but i really don't need the large screen as much and i dislike the slider. Form factor is a plus for the pixi+ too. Wish palm would've focused more on the pixi+ has potential to be a great phone in the future (Pixi2+??)
    I read page 1. You guys are making me want a pixi+. But you guys arnt bothered by the smaller screen? I'm used to cards on my pre, and the different size just seems weird on the pixi when I play with it in the stores. Also, I would not get a pixi if I couldn't find extended batteries for it. Can't get used to the battery life span of a "smartphone"
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I have a pre and the wife has a pixi. I have thought many times about switching to the pixi, the ?slower? hardware in the pixi is not an issue at all, the phone is very snappy.
    I do not play 3D games on either handheld so that is not an issue for me.

The form factor on the pixi is for sure better, my pre seems to get a little better battery life.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    While the pre has better specs on paper the build quality is embarrasingly poor. take a look at the help forums. pieces fall off, the slider breaks, the speakers stop working. it is very hard to type on that garbage keyboard. palm should be ashamed of that phone.

That is not to say the pixi is perfect. first of all the screen should be bigger. there is a ton of wasted space between the bottom of the screen and the keyboard.

The keys should be a little bigger, although they are vastly better than the pre's keys.

and yes, it is slower.

Palm definitely chintzed out on the pixi. I'll never understand why.

All this said, the pixi is a great device. it's remarkably small and totally usable. there have been so many problems with the pre, and personally i think the form factor sucks, so I am def glad I went with the pixi.
    Last edited by dan-o; 06/23/2010 at 12:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    I would have rather gotten the Pre. I love the Pixi's form factor but the screen is too small for my tastes. Plus I'm getting frustrated with the "Too many cards" message popping up when I have one or no cards open. But being the poor ******* I am I jumped at the chance to get some WebOS action for free through Sprint. Hopefully by the time my next upgrade rolls around there will be a new WebOS phone available and I'll have some money saved up.
    so wierd.. i almost never get that too many cards message. i got it once, like maybe a week after i got the phone, and haven't gotten it since.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scarflash View Post
    kinda wish i had gotten the pixi+ now. I love my pre+ but i really don't need the large screen as much and i dislike the slider. Form factor is a plus for the pixi+ too. Wish palm would've focused more on the pixi+ has potential to be a great phone in the future (Pixi2+??)
    the slider is an absolute piece of junk. palm could have accomplished the perfect cross between the pix and pre if they had just made it a little longer, gotten rid of the slider and beefed up the specs. yet another in a long string of poor business, marketing and engineering disasters that almost brought the company to bankruptcy.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast