1.    #1  
    I already did a search on this but only really found one thread.

Has anyone looked into overclocking them? I would love to get a pixi, but only if i were able to enhance its performance a little. I think its a great little device.

So..overclocking. Is it a possibility?
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    There may be a few guys working on it. But there is nothing definite yet.
    I have heard nothing about one being in progress but I haven't been on in a while so there could be
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    The last time I heard WebOSinternals, had a pixi and was just starting.
  5.    #5  
    Sounds like their looking into it. Thats good. The Pixi is slick
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    Sounds like their looking into it. Thats good. The Pixi is slick
    pixi by default is clocked faster than the pre. in fact, palm internally ran tests and found that the pixi performed better in all areas except memory.

:/
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by taofd View Post
    pixi by default is clocked faster than the pre. in fact, palm internally ran tests and found that the pixi performed better in all areas except memory.

from what i know, the processor in the pixi is a model below the pres. clock speed doesnt mean everything.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic

RIP

Pixi is snappy as is. Matter of fact a few apps work even better on the Pixi than they do on the Pre...like the Phone App. Multi-tasking bogs down quicker but I was never one to run more than 4 or 5 apps at a time even on my Pre.
    gotitans is right, I have both a pre and pixi and will confirm his statements
    are you guys on crack?! Pixi faster than the pre? I know 4 different people with the pixi, including my wife, and they all complane about how slow it is and how it freezes. In fact, I'm on my wifes pixi now and found this thread while looking for pixi overclock info. My pre is 800mhz thanks to uberkernal, but even without that its much faster than a pixi!
    Last edited by thednbselecta; 05/31/2010 at 12:48 AM. Reason: missed a word
    Quote Originally Posted by taofd View Post

source?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Regardless of how fast the Pixi already is, it would be nice to have the option to overclock it further. I ordered a Pixi+ (arriving tomorrow ) to use as my primary device but I must say I'm a bit worried about how it will perform.

Can somebody confirm that WebOS Internals are working on an Uberkernel for Pixi or is this currently just a rumour?
    To answer my own question, I contacted WebOS Internals regarding the issue.

<errade> There's a rumour going round that WebOS Internals is working on an overclock kernel for the Pixi - can anyone confirm/deny this?
    <+ka6sox> errade, do you have the programming reference for the ASIC used in the Pixi?
    <errade> ka6sox: No - are you saying we lack the information needed to create it?
    <+rwhitby> errade: I can officially deny that rumour.

So it seems that it's currently impossible.