1.    #1  
    Is there a such thing? Also, are there any feeds you would recommend?
    There is a patch to allow the fifth quick launcher button be reassigned to do something other than load the launcher...can't recall what it's called.

Edit - I'm wrong. Sounds like this can't be done right now. Something about it being hard coded into the LINUX binaries....

I think there was also a patch to shrink the size of the quick launcher as well so you could add an icon but again I can't remember the name.

Edit - I'm wrong here too (as others have pointed out).

I'm no help, sorry.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 05/19/2010 at 04:21 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    nope. But there is a patch that hides it when theauncher page is opened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I like the sound of that one
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I like the sound of that one
    go get it. It has the effect of adding a row of icons to the launcher page...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I remember seeing that somewhere and wanting to install it. I must have got sidetracked or something and never ended up doing it.

It's called "Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Only" and is available in Preware.
  7. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Man, I'd LOVE to have one or two extra icons in my quick launch bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I would too but we just don't have that kind of access to the LINUX core of webos
    sorry, the patches that provide more icons per page, and the one that hides the quick launcher are the closest you can get right now.
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I would too but we just don't have that kind of access to the LINUX core of webos
    Man, I really know nothing about open source and patching. I thought that's what all the OC and patches were doing...

Isn't this an open source OS?
    Man, I really know nothing about open source and patching. I thought that's what all the OC and patches were doing...

Isn't this an open source OS?
    It is open-er but not 100% open source like google android
    It would be great, if we could have it like i phone 4.0 where you can swipe to go to the next line of icons.
  13.    #13  
    I liked on my ipod touch how i could add icons to my quick launch, but it was also jailbroken.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    It would be great, if we could have it like i phone 4.0 where you can swipe to go to the next line of icons.
    Is it not easier and nicer to make one quick flick up and have a whole page of icons rather that be limted to an extra 4. The iphone 4 method takes holding a button for 2 secs, then flicking left or right for a grand total of seven apps. Getting to the first launcher page on the pre takes just one flick up on the gesture area and can be greeted by potentially 25 icons (with patches).
    I think the pre method is better personally but evryone is welcome to their own opinion.
    Yep. I'd like to be able to get rid of the Launcher icon on the quick launch and replace it with something else. I use the Hide Quick Launch patch that hides it all the time, not just in launcher, 'cause I like how clean my phone looks that way.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"