1.    #1  
    I just installed the Jabber add in for IM on the Pixi. I am running the 1.4.1.1 Web OS. I can't find anywhere to tell it not to auto-sign in. I reboot the phone, it signs in. I wait a while, it signs in. I really need it to not do that as I only want the mobile IM when I am not at a computer and signed in that way.

Any one run across this?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Just change the status to offline. It won't log in again unless you change it to available.
  3.    #3  
    That is not the case. I have set it to offline. It logs in after random amounts of time and anytime I reboot the phone. It ignores the offline setting.
    I assume you're referring to greg's jabber plug-in. If so try uninstalling and reinstalling them . Make sure you install them in the correct order. You might want to remove your jabber account in the prefs before uninstalling & reinstalling too.

I've run the jabber plug-in in the past on my pre+ without any problems. In general once you manually select offline the messaging app should never automatically login. Even on reboots. Hope this helps.
  5.    #5  
    Yes, Greg's jabber plug in. I will try re-installing the plug in. thanks.
    I just checked my pixi, it keeps me signed off if i click sign off and restart.
    what's does this app do and how do I get it
    As far as i know, setting the e-mail Client toperiodical Mode, it will drain much less energy, hence the "when it arrives Mode" requires a permanent, energy hungry connection with the Mail-Server.
    Quote Originally Posted by strouze View Post
    As far as i know, setting the e-mail Client toperiodical Mode, it will drain much less energy, hence the "when it arrives Mode" requires a permanent, energy hungry connection with the Mail-Server.
    This thread is discussing instant messaging not the email client. As far as email client settings, "as it arrives" uses the IMAP IDLE command. This is not a "permanent, energy hungry connection". Unless you're polling once per hour or less the "as it arrives" connection can often be more efficient than polling.
    Quote Originally Posted by xscapee View Post
    Yes, Greg's jabber plug in. I will try re-installing the plug in. thanks.
    Any luck getting this issue resolved? FWIW, Greg released a new version of the messaging plug ins last week.
  11.    #11  
    Yes, I was able to get it working. I uninstalled the Jabber plugin, rebooted, reinstalled and rebooted and it works now. Thank you all for your help.