1.    #1  
    Hi there, my data plan for 3G/GSM is volume-based so i want to use the data service from time to time (when I choose and need it). the Pixi default way of operating is always-on, the switch for always-off is on the phone preferences menu.

is there any way i can use it in a more convenient way?

ty
    Via preware there is a patch called "Device menu megamix". Which gives you a phone option when you click the battery area. When you click the phone option it allows you to turn the following on and off...
    Phone Radio/Data Usage/Roam only.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Via preware there is a patch called "Device menu megamix". Which gives you a phone option when you click the battery area. When you click the phone option it allows you to turn the following on and off...
    Phone Radio/Data Usage/Roam only.
    ok, this is a possible way, what i thought of (coming from symbian s60) is a way which asks for permission of data usage when performing a networking service
    As of right now I do not think there is something like that but I suppose you could try asking someone to make a patch for that. Though that seems a lot like the windows nag screens and to be honest with a device like the pre running WebOS which was created to always have some sort of connectivity you would get that nag screen a lot. I mean all the updates are done over the air, backing up to your palm profile is done over the air and some other stuff. So it is a web connective device. So best often would be to turn off the data radio while not in use.
  5.    #5  
    thank you for your insight - i am now comfy with using the device matrix thingie works great.