1.    #1  
    The Palm Prime
    A cross between the Pixi and 755P
    I own the Palm 755p and the Pixi on 2 different numbers, on Sprint. If this dream phone came out, I would buy it sans rebates without blinking (if it is under $400). I hate sliders and touch screen only phones. I like the portrait/candy bar/single slab with the hard qwerty board. Therefore, give me this hybrid and I am happy.

1. Thickness(thinness) of Pixi
    2. Keyboard width of 755p
    3. Middle joystick of 755p (I just want the best of both worlds)
    4. WebOS
    5. At least a 3.2 camera and video
    6. My Pixi will not do Internet while roaming so I need the ability to data roam like my 755p
    7. True timestamp like my basic sms chat on the 755P
    8. Quick App Screen like the 755P
    9. An App to back up my texts and phone logs/contacts to my computer (755P)
    10. Removable card mini-SD card (755P)
    11. DataViz Office Suite that allows you to open MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Documents (755P)
    12. WiFi? I have only used it a few times on the phones that had it. So it won't be a dealbreaker if it is there or not. But you should put it on there just so people cant say the phone is missing something.
    Last edited by tb129; 05/16/2010 at 08:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    would be nice. Realisticaly, a bigger pixi with better internals would be awesome for me
    picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by tb129 View Post
    6. My Pixi will not do Internet while roaming so I need the ability to data roam like my 755p
    Go into the phone app, preferences, enable data roaming
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    You know that there are Homebrew apps to backup texts, dialed numbers, etc.? And patches to add a variety of timestamps to your message app, if you so desire. Looks like your perfect phone isn't so far off!
    Would want a bigger screen than either the Pixi or the 755p.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    picture?
    Here is an exhaustive collection, brought to you by Blurry Photography Studios - "When You Just Don't Care Enough About Picture Quality." :

The site restricts me from posting urls because I haven't made it to 10 posts yet. Try this for a work around:
    1. go to: picasaweb[.]google[.]com[/]bbflag
    (just remove the [] <-- square brackets)

Notice the 755P keyboard width. It is the perfect width for me to type without looking. Good for unbelievable meetings where the same two people talk about the same exact issues we just discussed and resolved in the last meeting.

In some other pics, you see the BB Curve, issued to me by my job. I don't do anything else with it but answer emails and phone, because it is their phone. The width is wider but not as helpful for some strange reason, also i haven't found out how to do the ALL CAPS feature yet, like on my Palm phones. Also, it is not WebOS = Not as fun to use. It does take some nice pics though, I learned that by clicking the side button by accident a few times.

@stubbs: please point me to that app. I thought I searched every app they had, but I could have skipped it. Because after I get that and find the data roam feature posted by tiwizard, then all I need is a reverse shrink ray. . From there this phone will probably draw those BB users and Windows phone hold outs? Those of us that just must have a simple hardware qwerty board with no sliding/flipping.

@tiwizard: i started looking for that change but i don't see anything but
    view system info
    rename your phone
    reset your phone
    run system tests
    enable or disable media sync.

I will do a better exhaustive search later today. I gotta get dressed for work.

Thanks guys
    The Palm Prime
    11. DataViz Office Suite that allows you to open MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Documents (755P)
    12. WiFi? I have only used it a few times on the phones that had it. So it won't be a dealbreaker if it is there or not. But you should put it on there just so people cant say the phone is missing something.
    DataViz have come out and said that they don't care about Palm ("we can't program an office suite with HTML, are not aware of the other ways to program for webOS and have decided to look away when people show us the PDK") and are going to stick with iPhone and Android for the time being.
    WiFi would be an absolute dealbreaker, but it's been included in the Pixi Plus - in other words, it really seems like the decision not to give the Pixi Minus a WiFi radio was made by Sprint and not Palm.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    DataViz have come out and said that they don't care about Palm ("we can't program an office suite with HTML, are not aware of the other ways to program for webOS and have decided to look away when people show us the PDK") and are going to stick with iPhone and Android for the time being.
    WiFi would be an absolute dealbreaker, but it's been included in the Pixi Plus - in other words, it really seems like the decision not to give the Pixi Minus a WiFi radio was made by Sprint and not Palm.
    The DataViz comment is quite saddening. But seeing that they have the viewers, why couldn't someone come up with the editor? Could it have at least run under the PalmOS emulation app? I don't know the tech specs behind it, just wondering.

That was a bad biz move for Sprint to say no to WiFi when theoretically it would take strain off of the network.

With that Dell Smoke coming out to probably come after some the market I mentioned earlier, I still hope HP will look into the Palm Prime. I won't even charge them for the name, lol. I have tried both OSes and I just like the feel of WebOS over the Android for now. So I want WebOS to do good.

I gotta laugh at the "Pixi Minus" that was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    You know that there are Homebrew apps to backup texts, dialed numbers, etc.? And patches to add a variety of timestamps to your message app, if you so desire. Looks like your perfect phone isn't so far off!
    Keyword: "homebew". Not everyone wants to take the time to mod their devices, some of us want things to be there. I never patch.
    Why not patch, it will give you a phone configured the way you want it, not the provider you got it from.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    The software usability of this phone is approaching greatness (still want those hardware factors mentioned). As I stated earlier, I had already like the interface. I want to thank [stubbs] and [tiwizard] for the information. I had no idea that WebOS basically has 2 levels of applications. I see them as patches and regular apps. The patches have been the most valuable for my needs.

The backup of my contacts and texts have been partially satisfied. My only problem now is that 7zip nor gzip can open [pixiBu.tar.gz] backup file. So I tried the other backup solution and I can't convert the date on the sms text message to a readable date. Also the association of sms text to sender was hit or miss even though it was in an easy to ready html file. I will be researching both issues this morning because it is the weekend!
    The Palm Prime
    A cross between the Pixi and 755P
    I own the Palm 755p and the Pixi on 2 different numbers, on Sprint. If this dream phone came out, I would buy it sans rebates without blinking (if it is under $400). I hate sliders and touch screen only phones. I like the portrait/candy bar/single slab with the hard qwerty board. Therefore, give me this hybrid and I am happy.

1. Thickness(thinness) of Pixi
    2. Keyboard width of 755p
    3. Middle joystick of 755p (I just want the best of both worlds)
    4. WebOS
    5. At least a 3.2 camera and video
    7. True timestamp like my basic sms chat on the 755P
    8. Quick App Screen like the 755P
    9. An App to back up my texts and phone logs/contacts to my computer (755P)
    10. Removable card mini-SD card (755P)
    you can turn on data roaming with the pixi, go into the phone app>hit the menu tab thing on the top left> go to preferences, and turn on data roaming, that was also the only problem i had with my pre, then when i found out about that i was alot happier(: