1.    #1  
    So i got my palm pixi today. So far i love it, it seems like a very awesome and resposive phone. My question is i read alot about homebrew and also was wondering how do i go about putting homebrew apps onto my pixi. The thing is I looked at the app store and was flabbergasted at the fact that all apps pretty much cost something plus there is not a myspace app. So also I was wondering if there was any other cool things i might not know yet that the pixi can do. Thank you guys for all your help.

Toby Mac
    Congrats, you just bought one of the best smartphones on the market imo
    Welcome. Check out this thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html
    Should answer your questions.

For installing preware see this thread and page
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-12-a.html
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

That should give you enough to get started.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobymac987 View Post
    The thing is I looked at the app store and was flabbergasted at the fact that all apps pretty much cost something plus there is not a myspace app.
    Not long ago, people were up in arms about the fact that you could only get free apps from the catalog. Just goes to show that it really is impossible to satisfy everyone.

Also, what is this "myplace" you speak of? I believe I read about it in a history textbook once but didn't pay attention. I think it's to facebook what knickerbockers are to jeans, but I'm really not sure...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    i got mine last month, went into the sprint store to get a hero and came out with a pixi and i dont regret a thing. hope u enjoy this amazing phone
    Quote Originally Posted by hiono View Post
    i got mine last month, went into the sprint store to get a hero and came out with a pixi and i dont regret a thing. hope u enjoy this amazing phone
    hiono, is there a reason why you decided to get the pixi? Did a salesperson convince you or did you play with the pixi and like it better? Or did you play with the Hero and thought "No way. This sucks."?
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.
    there isn't a myspace app, persay. There is, if you go into your browser app and tap the top left hand cornor of the phone where it says 'web', then tap 'bookmarks' you should be able to see a preloaded myspace bookmark that takes you to a mobile myspace website, that Imo is just as good as an app. My suggestion, and what i've done, is just add it to the launcher. From the login screen, click the 'web' tab again, go to 'page', it will expand to reveal to options, select 'add to launcher' and vwala, you have a direct myspace link in your launcher's appview.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_daddy View Post
    hiono, is there a reason why you decided to get the pixi? Did a salesperson convince you or did you play with the pixi and like it better? Or did you play with the Hero and thought "No way. This sucks."?
    i played with it. the sales people at my sprint store dont seem to care what u get as long as u get something lol i wanted the hero til i played with both the pixi is just so much smoother
    I too tried the hero.....ended up with the pixi....so much more pleasurable to use...the keyboard on the hero sux IMO (coming from blackberry)
    I guess I have the best of both worlds. The wife wanted a droid.. (god only knows why) so she got the HTC Hero, and I decided on the Palm Pixi. we'll see who has the most issues over the next few weeks.lol

So far, installing the webOS and preware programs have been a breeze, and getting the apps on board is super simple. There's still a few things I want to tweak, but I'll read more before asking a load of questions.
    Last edited by Evilnike; 05/18/2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: typos.