1.    #1  
    if I did I would try and port Android (at least 1.6) to my Pixi. It would be an amazing form factor for android.

It would be smaller than any android phone and also more powerful that any of the first generation android phones (G1, mytouch, cliq, fender, hero, etc) with its 600mhz processor. It would have an amazing hardware keyboard, and a great vk for when you need to be silent.

Plus instead if an IS that it can barely handle (webos - which is GREAT by the way) it would have android which is more than capable of handling.

There is an android phone that used the Pixi processor too (either the cliq xr or the devour, can't remember)

I just don't know where to start. I'm going to ask over on xda-developers and androidcentral.

Please don't flame me, just wondering what kind of interest there would be from Pixi owners (specifically those who like android).
    I can understand your enthusiasm for the project, for fun I tried to get android running on my Pre, the project took me a week of work, with refrence to existing work from some excellent linux devs and their great wiki page.

In the end I got the os/rom/whatever cooked up, and ready to install, and encountered an issue when I realized I should have researched the project a bit before running in head first.

At the moment, there is no way to install android on the Pre or Pixi, because the OS, Firmware, and boot process is designed in such a way that you can't get in to overwrite, or even set up a dual boot OS.

Apparently it WOULD work if the Pre or Pixi had an SD card slot. Rumors say the next HPalm device will have such a slot.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralRaptor View Post
    Apparently it WOULD work if the Pre or Pixi had an SD card slot. Rumors say the next HPalm device will have such a slot.
    I think we may see a shift away from this being a requirement though, as the Droid Incredible does have an SD card slot, but originally was not going to come with one (a previous requirement for most things android) since they decided to give it 8 gigs of internal memory. Maybe we can find a way around that for our pre/pixi with these new android phones opting for more internal memory? Just a thought, I'm no programmer.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    I think we may see a shift away from this being a requirement though, as the Droid Incredible does have an SD card slot, but originally was not going to come with one (a previous requirement for most things android) since they decided to give it 8 gigs of internal memory. Maybe we can find a way around that for our pre/pixi with these new android phones opting for more internal memory? Just a thought, I'm no programmer.
    that would be great.