Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Don't know if it means much, but in a response to a question about the release date of the Palm Pixi Plus on AT&T's Facebook page, an AT&T rep responded May 16th. Not sure how accurate the information is since the rep spelled Pixi "Pixie"
    EDIT: SEE BELOW FOR AT&T FACEBOOK POST RECANT AND OFFICIAL APOLOGY - Looks like it's June 6th

Here's the capture.

EDIT - OFFICIAL APOLOGY FROM AT&T ON FACEBOOK:
    Quote Originally Posted by k999999999 View Post
    looks like they took it back

AT&T

Hey Drue,

We confirmed that the Palm Pre is going to be in stores and online starting May 16th for $149 after contract and mail-in rebate. We're sorry if one of our folks gave out some incorrect information, but we have NOT confirmed that the Palm Pixi will be out on the 16th. We apologize for any confusion on this guys!

about an hour ago · Flag
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/11/2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Note that AT&T Recant's the above noted posting on Facebook.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Don't know if it means much, but in a response to a question about the release date of the Palm Pixi Plus on AT&T's Facebook page, an AT&T rep responded May 16th. Not sure how accurate the information is since the rep spelled Pixi "Pixie"

Here's the capture.

Thanks Barry, I hope this is true!!
  3.    #3  
    Bump!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Just called local store in Sgf, MO. Spoke with Dan he advised the Pixi will not be released on Sunday .

Didn't have an answer for why, but did say they had to release the Pre after the exclusive agreement was up with big red. He also said they weren't supposed to release that information on the facebook page, and the official release should come around on friday!

Hope he is wrong about the Pixi, my wife wants one.

AT&T
    Hey Drue,
    We confirmed that the Palm Pre is going to be in stores and online starting May 16th for $149 after contract and mail-in rebate. We're sorry if one of our folks gave out some incorrect information, but we have NOT confirmed that the Palm Pixi will be out on the 16th. We apologize for any confusion on this guys!
    about an hour ago · Flag
    So the Pixi+ will be realeased on May 16th along side the Pre+?
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    So the Pixi+ will be realeased on May 16th along side the Pre+?

AT&T
    Hey Drue,
    about an hour ago · Flag
    No, Follow the trail ....

AT&T
    Hey Drue,
    about an hour ago · Flag
    awwwwwwwwwww thats a bunch of !!!!!
    It's being released on June 6th.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Thanks for the tip, but why such dates apart?
    Hello Friends,

Just wanted to update you guys, its official for June 6th:

Palm webOS™ - Palm® Pre™ Plus & Palm® Pixi™ Plus - Wireless from AT&T

Bummer as I'll be on a week long field research project to collect fungus in the Sierra's that starts on the 6th lol....really lame AT&T but at least they gave us a date!

Cheers
    Last edited by Adeno; 05/15/2010 at 11:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeno View Post
    Hello Friends,

Just wanted to update you guys, its official for June 6th:

Palm webOS™ - Palm® Pre™ Plus & Palm® Pixi™ Plus - Wireless from AT&T

Bummer as I'll be on a week long field research project to collect fungus in the Sierra's that starts on the 6th lol....really lame AT&T but at least they gave us a date!

Cheers
    http://www.precentral.net/att-pixi-plus-launch-june-6

So, it's going to have wifi?
    Just call me Berd.
    You ask like it's a question? The Plus version is the same as Verizon's.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    So, it's going to have wifi?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    You ask like it's a question? The Plus version is the same as Verizon's.
    I'm honestly quite outta touch.

Thanks.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm honestly quite outta touch.

Thanks.
    I sense the Treo Pro is on its way out....

Does your wife like the Pixi? Or is that for you? Not judging.... just asking.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    As a masculine man who is confident in his masculinity I would never own a pixi!

Seriously though,

I just prefer a static kb.

I had originally wrote the pixi off - thinking it not having wifi.

Now that I see the Att Pixi has Wifi, I'm now debating between the Pre, Pixi, or something else I won't mention in this forum.
    Just call me Berd.
    Today's the day, it's not on AT&T's site yet.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Today's the day, it's not on AT&T's site yet.
    here it is:
    Palm® Pixi (TM) Plus Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    It is now! Palm Pixi Plus $49.99 with online discount. Palm® Pixi (TM) Plus Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast