Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Tonight my Pixi has been doing the strangest thing and it's almost creepy. It is just sitting beside me, or on the touchstone, and the launcher will start moving around and apps will open - all on their own! The touchscreen doesn't respond right away when I try to go to card view and close the apps, and when I finally do, it happens all over again!

Has anyone heard of anything like this before? What can I do?!?

(my service has also been going in and out at spots where it used to be great, but I don't know if this is related)
    webos doctor
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    my sister is a ghost freak, she would vote for haunted LOL
    are you using the palm adapter/cable to provide power? I used an aftermarket cable and mine did the same thing.

might have to do with how much power is/is not getting to the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am using the original power adapter with the touchstone, but this is also happening while off the charger so I'm not certain that would even be related. So far this morning it seems ok, but last night it was almost constant, even after a restart. I could watch as the launcher opened and then apps, the phone, facebook, and the camera.

I am fairly new to webos (a month or so) and am not familiar with webos doctor, what does this do? Will I lose everything? Why would I have to do this on a new phone?!?!?
    Ghosts appreciate the multitasking of WebOS too. It's a totally untapped market; Palm could make billions!
    that is tooo creeeepppppyyy!!!
    Have you ever had a Blackberry? Some people believe that the spirits of old Blackberries that have been abandoned for a Pixi have been known to come back to haunt the living (phones).

To wit, something similar (launcher pages moving on their own accord as if touched by ghostly fingers) actually happened to a poster who switched to Palm from Blackberry in December, and she abruptly stopped posting on these forums, with her last post being something to the tune of "I will doctor my phone to see whether the problems persist and will check back in an hour".

People thought she just gave up on Palm and jumped ship, but someone found a newspaper article online about a young woman from Tulsa (where that user came from) that was found dead in her living room, with her cellphone (paper did not specify make or model) lying face up on the middle of her face and herself lying in a pool of what Police first supposed to be blood but lab analyses later confirmed to be pure blackberry juice. Out of season. Police initially assumed a sort of ritual murder but the coroner could not corroborate foul play and 'natural causes' were given as the official cause of death.

I'm not a superstitious man and don't think there's a link. But you should keep your eyes peeled anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Ghosts appreciate the multitasking of WebOS too. It's a totally untapped market; Palm could make billions!
    to bad they don't have any money.
    mine will call someone but then drop the call before it actually dials, then the main menu will open up. It happens about once a week on my pre plus