1.    #1  
    Okay, this is my 3rd day with Pixi, and I have a feeling that there are fixes for the things that are truly irritating me. I spent literally hours (was off work yesterday) searching for fixes but it seems as if I keep running into roadblocks! The things I still can't find (in order of most irritability)

1. Apps catalogue -- 2 apps that I am looking for and know they exist but can't find in the Apps catalogue -- (1) drpodder (pod doctor?) -- anyway, its an app to download podcasts instead of streaming and (2) Pandora. Could it be that these apps are for Pre only? I didn't think webos worked like that ...

2. Cut and paste. I see the instruction: hold down accent e shift then highlight the text -- ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I did this successfully one time out of approximately 15 attempts. Is there no other way?

3. Better web browser -- my eyesight is terrible even with glasses (wish there was an app for that!) and it is SO IRRITATING that zooming in results in having to scroll left and right AND up and down. (actually I don't think I have searched this website for that yet, so pardon me, i'll do it after I post this).

4. cursor placement - trying to place the cursor where I want it on the page -- takes about 7 to 8 attemps -- and I have small fingers -- I haven't been able to find any complaints about this, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something?

Any help that ANYBODY can give would be great!

One thing I'm REALLY happy about is finding the way to make ring-tones from songs using Itunes -- that was GREAT and worked like a charm! Also grateful for the cut and paste commands.
    John 3:16
    in the app catalog, just type drpod or pandora and hit enter. They come up fine for me.

to place cursor in text tap close to wher you want to be, then hold down the grey key and drag your finger in the direction you want to move the cursor. You can place your finger anywhere on the scree to do this. It works the same with copy except you get the cursor where you want to start the selection and then hold the shift key while moving your finger in the direction you want to select.

as far as the browser goes you can double tap an area and it will zoom in to the full width of the screen. Need bigger type still? Turn the screen to landscape. The browser is very good, juat the way things are when viewing web pages on a phone.

hope this helps.
    dou le-tap in browser to zoom in to the frame you want to view. Cut and paste is simple on pre. Not sure about pixi.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    in the app catalog, just type drpod or pandora and hit enter. They come up fine for me.
    Do you have a Pixi or Pre? I CANNOT get either of these apps to come up for me. SO frustrating. Thanks for the browser and cut and paste help, though. Although print is still too small in browser, it does help somewhat.
    I have a sprint pixi.
    just confirmed what mofish wrote, the apps come up just fine on my sprint pixi as well.

as far as cut/paste are u familiar with the gesture+X / +C / +V to cut/copy/paste? i use this all the time...very quick and simple
    For the missing apps; Are you updated to the newest WebOS version. Open the Update app(on the last page in the launcher) and tap 'Check for Updates'. You should be on 1.4.1.1
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    if the apps won't come up just try going to hottest apps the both should be in there gonna have to scroll though
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by netzer119 View Post
    as far as cut/paste are u familiar with the gesture+X / +C / +V to cut/copy/paste? i use this all the time...very quick and simple
    Yes, I found those in the tips and tricks, my problem was with highlighting the text that is to be cut or copied. But thanks for the info.

Regarding the apps catalogue, I finally figured it out -- or stumbled upon it by mistake -- one of the 4 icons that show up when you select an application must have been some type of filter. When I clicked on it (thus taking the filter off) I was able to search for and find both Pandora and Drpod. Don't know what that filter was, but it was the last icon of the four that show up.

Thanks everybody for helping!