Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, as there seems to be no immediate sign of the Pixi Plus coming to the UK and as the Pixi Plus is my favourite form factor for a smartphone...I loved the Treo Pro shape but was not keen on the OS...I have ordered up a Palm Pixi Plus from a UK based seller which is the German QWERTZ version. He claims it is fully unlocked and as I already have a UK O2 SIM set up for the Pre then hopefully I will not have any problems getting it up and running with my existing Palm Profile using that same SIM card. It worries me though...
    Anyway, I know that the Pixi may be slightly underpowered compared to the Pre and obviously it will have a smaller screen but to be honest, I'm not a power user, not by any means and I am willing to sacrifice the bigger screen for my favourite form factor and a much more solid device.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Same here, on its way to me, UK Pixi users UNITE!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Same here, on its way to me, UK Pixi users UNITE!
    Good show...is it also from that kickmobile site or is yours direct from the fatherland? (hope that doesn't offend any of our German chums?)
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    From a nice German chap on ebay.de who speaks immaculate English, fortunately for me as I don't know any deutsche! Quite a good price too and it's unlocked but purchased from an O2 store. Probably install a patch to swap the Y and Z around, don't really use Z much in my sentences...

Although I did originally intend to buy it from KM's ebay page however they ran out of stock and luckily I found the German ebay page, a full 40 cheaper than KM's version including delivery. No way the Pixi should be priced just short of 400, not with the specs it has.
    Last edited by i_maq; 05/06/2010 at 09:59 AM.
  5.    #5  
    That's good...I had some dosh from a previous eBay sale lying in my paypal account so I used that...made me feel I wasn't spending as much. They're about 17 cheaper on the guys direct web site but still over-priced. Has yours arrived yet?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Nope, he had it dispatched yesterday PM, but tracking number doesn't seem to be working. He's confirmed it's the correct tracking number. Might get him to phone DHL tomorrow.
  7.    #7  
    Mine arrived today. It's so small it's almost bizarre, so thin. I've already ordered a touchstone compatible battery cover so hopefully that won't be long in arriving. I managed to get everything set up no problem, I was surprised it was so easy to move from the Pre to the Pixi using the existing Palm Profile....it downloaded and reinstalled all apps that I had on the Pre to the Pixi although all the data in some of those apps went AWOL.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Sounds great, still waiting on mine, now even more impatient! All the settings working ok with O2?
  9.    #9  
    Yes, all seems to be working just fine...settings okay, App Store ok, Palm profile ok. Everything apart from being able to get PreWare working on it...need to get that "swipe to delete" confirmation email patch installed.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Oh no, there's a whole bunch of patches I wanted to install! Does it not work on the Pixi?
  11.    #11  
    I installed some via webos quick install on the desktop no problem at all but couldn't find the email one there so had to resort to finding it on the Pixi. I can't get PreWare to run though.....not yet anyway.
  12.    #12  
    All working fine now...forgot to install PMS....ooops.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    PMS?
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex View Post
    Mine arrived today. It's so small it's almost bizarre, so thin. I've already ordered a touchstone compatible battery cover so hopefully that won't be long in arriving. I managed to get everything set up no problem, I was surprised it was so easy to move from the Pre to the Pixi using the existing Palm Profile....it downloaded and reinstalled all apps that I had on the Pre to the Pixi although all the data in some of those apps went AWOL.
    I thought Pixis were already touchstone-compatible right out of the box? I guess not...

Anyway, the Pixi looks terrific but I went with the Pre for the bigger screen. Would like the Pixi's solid build and clickier buttons, though.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
  15.    #15  
    PMS packet manager services?.....My Pixi is not compatible out of ghe box. There's a seperate back cover to order. Should be here today.
    You can see it listed for sale in the PC Pixi store although I got mine from a UK seller.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    DHL's really taking the mick, my phone's just sitting in their depot, better get moving and delivered to my house today!
  17.    #17  
    Touchstone cover arrived today...it is much nicer than the stock Palm one and seems a better fit too. Works just fine with the charger (as you would expect!)
    Keyboard on the Pixi is so much better than on my Pre
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Just ordered a pixi from kickmobile too , couldn't wait for grey market in o2 UK to come :-)
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    It's here!!! Man, it is *seriously* thin.... Just letting it charge for now, can't wait to play with it!
  20.    #20  
    Ha ha...yes it is thin. Can recommend the touchstone cover which is altogether nicer than the stock one.....adds a further touch of class!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast