Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Hmmm, maybe if I have some spare cash lying about, which I don't too often! Got it started up, all contacts and mail and calendar are set up, installed a couple of apps, going good so far....
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Hmmm, maybe if I have some spare cash lying about, which I don't too often! Got it started up, all contacts and mail and calendar are set up, installed a couple of apps, going good so far....
    Sounds good. I've been very pleased with mine to date, it has the best signal strength of any phone I've used (waaaay better than the HTC Legend), the keyboard is good and it's like having a Treo 680 on steroids.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Really? The signal is absolutely abysmal on mine! I brought it into work today along with my Milestone for some real world testing and where I get full 3g on my moto I'm barely getting 2 bars on the Pixi, not looking too good... as for feel, makes my moto feel like a metal brick!
  4.    #24  
    Really? The signal is absolutely abysmal on mine! I brought it into work today along with my Milestone for some real world testing and where I get full 3g on my moto I'm barely getting 2 bars on the Pixi, not looking too good... as for feel, makes my moto feel like a metal brick!
    Oh dear, that's not so good. Are you on o2 as well? Thing is, up here in Edinburgh, I get **** reception with Orange and T-Mobile. My T-Mob sim in the Pixi showed terrible reception wheras my o2 sim shows full strength.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Nope I'm on T-Mo, and always have full reception around the parts of London I spend time in...

Btw, how do you install PMS/ipkgservice?
    Last edited by i_maq; 05/11/2010 at 02:12 PM.
  6.    #26  
    Nope I'm on T-Mo, and always have full reception around the parts of London I spend time in...

Btw, how do you install PMS/ipkgservice?
    I'm sure I did it via the webos quickinstall desktop tool.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Never mind, had major trouble installing Preware last night, was on irc with the WebOs internals team and they were stumped, couldn't figure out why, eventually we decided to try bootstrapping it and it finally worked. Now to work out how to install patches that aren't on Preware without wosqi...
  8.    #28  
    Ah well, it was nice while it lasted...after less than 2 weeks the power button bit fell off and that stopped me being able it to turn it on and off, a not inconsiderable problem. As a consequence, I sent it back to the seller for a refund at the end of last week. Pity, I was liking it.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Couldn't you get a replacement? That's a real shame, mine seems to be rock solid, no build problems or hardware issues (touch MDF), only issue I have is the lack of UK apps as it shows up the German catalogue and the "This app is not compatible with your device" message, other than that, loving the device.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12