1.    #1  
    I had Callrec on my palm treo. Cant find anything for my pixi. Any suggestions?
    Please search as MANY MANY people have already asked this question MANY MANY times

Here
    Here 2

but basically No not until the Mic API is actually release.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    This isn't a suggestion for an app or anything, but it's an obvious method of recording that works.

Get a 3.5mm patch cord, run it from your Pixi's headphone jack to your computer's mic/line-in jack. This will let you record what is normally played through the Pixi's speakers. You will most likely not be able to hear anything, because I find an awful lot of computers do no have an input monitor enabled. On Windows 7 with Realtek High Definition Audio, there is an option to enable you to listen to what is played through the mic (they don't call it input monitor). Some other sound cards don't have this option by default, especially on previous operating systems. In such a case, you'll need to Google how to enable input monitor on your system in the volume properties (it usually shows up as an additional slider in the volume mixer). Knowing your sound card will definitely help with finding the info. You'll probably have to edit a registry key or two. Make sure you back them up.

After you get that set up, you'll be able to hear whatever signal is sent to the mic or line in. You won't be able to hear the signal sent to your Pixi's mic (which will be sent to the other party in the call), so you'll need to make sure you have that signal mixed with the output signal from your Pixi. I don't know whether your computer can support recording from two sources simultaneously (mic jack AND actual mic) so you may have to get a splitter to plug into the mic jack. Just run one part to the pixi headphone jack and another to an external mic near your mouth.

Oh, I guess an alternative to enabling input monitor would be to get two splitters. Put one on your Pixi's headphone jack and one on your mic jack. Run a patch cord from your pixi to the mic jack. On the other jack in the pixi-side splitter, plug in headphones, and on the other hole on the computer-side splitter, plug in a mic. Keep in mind that a splitter forking a signal will half the amplitude, so you might have to turn your pixi volume and mic sensitivity up.

After that, all you need is a means of recording. I did it with Audacity.

And yeah, that sounds really complex but it's not. I tried it out yesterday because I'm going to need to record some calls. I can only imagine why you're going to need to record a call, so hear this: You need consent to record a call, or you risk potential criminal prosecution and maybe even a civil suit seeking damages. I checked up on this yesterday and found that in most states, only one party must give consent (which can be you). In California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington, ALL parties involved must give consent.

Sorry if you knew any of this stuff already, and sorry for being so garrulous about it. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by pandapoi View Post
    ... I checked up on this yesterday and found that in most states, only one party must give consent (which can be you). In California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington, ALL parties involved must give consent.
    Now the grey area is if your in a state that only requires consent from one party but your calling a state that requires consent from both which states laws apply?