Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Evansgw
    I do use my Pre, but just because I have it with me.

I don't like the music player, even the remix isn't the best but is a huge improvement.

I want my music player to organize the music by;

Genre
    Album
    Song Number

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that the Pre music players do this.
    I have a VZW Pixi Plus and an iPod Touch. I like my Pixi Plus a lot, but I prefer the Safari browser and e-mail client on the Touch. When I'm in an area without WiFi, I use the Pixi Plus' Mobile Hotspot to connect the Touch. And my daughter LOVES that she can surf the Internet in the car on a family with the Mobile Hotspot.

I agree with some of the previous posters that battery conservation on the Pixi Plus is another reason why I won't abandon my Touch.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    There is one huge feature that my Pre has that no apple product has. Untethered operations when it comes to podcasts; heck with a touchstone there's never a need to plug anything into the Pre.

With drPodder on the phone there's no need to remember to hook up the phone to the 'puter so that it can get the latest podcasts. Amazon MP3 does the same thing for accessing audio. I'm not a video fiend so downloading TV episodes from iTunes is not a big draw for me. One thing that the Apple product has over the webOS devices, support for Audible.

For my money the webOS devices are a lot more useful to me than the Apple devices.
    My Sprint Palm Pre is my in-car tunes player (either a podcast or pandora or radio stations via radio times app) when mated to an in-car BT receiver (Anycom FIPO gateway attached to a BMW iPod interface); it is my GPS navigator thanks to TeleNAV. Thanks to my in-car TouchStone it is also a hands-free cell phone setup.

The 1st gen iPod Touch I have has been relegated to transatlantic/cross-country plane rides as an Audible player (load it up with books before the ride and it's good for weeks)
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Quote Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
    I have a pre and a 64gb iPod touch, and while I could technically do everything I want from my pre, I have found that this combo is just fantastic. Using mobile hotspot I can use either one anytime for what they are both great at. Honestly the facebook app for iPhone (or touch) blows the palm app away. Also, generally speaking I find that safari is a bit less glitchy than the browser on the pre. And my music collection is over 75 gb and I couldn't imagine limiting myself to just 7 gb of music on me at any given point in time. The times that I only want to carry one device the pre does everything I would want it to just beautifully. Even given the plusses of the iPhone os I just listed I would never give up the multitasking capabilities of webos. So my advice to you would be to get a smartphone but continue to use your touch in conjunction with it most of the time.
    There is a web based application at MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software that will allow you to have access to all your music without having to download everything. You never have to sync. When a new song, video, photo, and more is available on your desktop/server, it becomes available to you WebOS (and others) device.
    Last edited by ledunn; 06/05/2010 at 08:04 PM.
    I have used an iPhone for something like three years, then broke out of my contract to switch to the Pixi. Absolutely no regrets in any respect EXCEPT the music player. The pixi music player is just terrible compared to iPhone. It's sluggish, unresponsive, and actually skips high bit rate music (lossless). So while the Pixi player is enough for me on the go, it's still not even in the same league as the iPhone/iPod Touch. I'm afraid that anyone who says otherwise is not being sincere.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I'm going to say NO. I own a Pre and an iPod Touch. By using an MP3 player, I don't have to worry about my phone dying on me during the day.

Having a separate mp3 player is the only way to ensure maximization of your phones battery. I say keep the iPod and the Pixi-- let them do what they're meant to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
    I'm going to say NO. I own a Pre and an iPod Touch. By using an MP3 player, I don't have to worry about my phone dying on me during the day.

Having a separate mp3 player is the only way to ensure maximization of your phones battery. I say keep the iPod and the Pixi-- let them do what they're meant to do.
    Amen, brother!
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncingsoul View Post
    I take my 3-year-old dumbphone and iPod Touch with me everywhere, but I'm tired of carrying both devices. I want something that combines the best features of both. An iPhone would be perfect, but AT&T is too expensive for me.

So I decided on a webOS phone, but I can't find much about using the Pixi as a mp3 player has anyone switched from carrying an iPod to just using the Pixi exclusively?

(Also, does the Pixi play music as well as the Pre?)

Thanks!
    What carrier are you on? if you're with Verizon, get the Pre Plus over the Pixi. You'll get 16gb, enough for dozens of apps and many songs. Right now, I am toting an AT&T Pre Plus with me. I've got nearly 40 apps downloaded, have 1,400 mp3s in it, and still have about 7gb left. It works great as a music player and you'll definitely get used to the controls.

As for using the Pixi as a music player, I wouldn't recommend it, just for the sake of storage and RAM limitations. But I would think it'd do the job just as well.

I used to carry around my dumbphone and iPod touch with me everywhere until I got my Pre. Now it's all I need to bring with me.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123