Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    please explain to me how I increase the sms text volume specifically? I can turn up the ringer volume but the text are super quiet. Thanks.
    try and find mp3gain you can make any of your ringers and such louder, then save them back to your pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by capp81 View Post
    please explain to me how I increase the sms text volume specifically? I can turn up the ringer volume but the text are super quiet. Thanks.
    go to sound app in the last page of your launcher. there you can adjust the system sound(scroll down to see system alert settings under ringer setting)[/I] as well as the ringer. system sound operates your sms alert. pick a different sound file (some are more distinct/louder than others) and adjust the volume with te slider under the system notification. have mine set to sound AND vibrate so even if i'm in a loud environment i will notice the sms by vibration.[/I]
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    is there anyway to make the SMS ring go longer than it does? it only sounds for like 4 seconds!
    you can use audacity and make them as long as you want to. The only catch is that it will play the entire tone no matter how long.