1.    #1  
    How do I get the videos I took of my phone and onto my computer?
    I get mine by plugging the USB cord into the computer.
    ^^^^
    What he said.
    you can email it to yourself too
  5.    #5  
    Ok I should be more specific. Where is the video hidden under? I don't have a "video" folder or anything. I will try the emailing thing.
    ALSO is there a way to save a video to my phone that someone emails me?
    when you put the pre in usb mode to your computer there is a file folder called DCIM. the videos should be in there along with all your photos. sorry that i dont know what the new video files end in (like .pic or.jpg that we are familiar with) but i think they should be larger in size and you will know them when you see them.

as far as saving a video did you try tapping the file to get the menu to pop up that has view,save,forward etc? like in the sms app when you send text pics.

i've not received any videos yet so i'm just going by instinct that everything works the same whether its a pic file or a vid file.

PS - in a pinch you could always forward the file from your email/mms inbox back to yourself to open on a computer and then save it in the fashion that you normally save keepers i do this all the time. a free email account at say gmail offers tons of free storage for you to save important emails. flag that file you sent yourself and then you will always have a backup copy (provided you dont go on a deleting spree one day and forget it was there)
    hope you get it cleared up.
    Last edited by creepycat; 05/01/2010 at 06:07 PM.
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    Quote Originally Posted by missy_rae View Post
    Ok I should be more specific. Where is the video hidden under? I don't have a "video" folder or anything. I will try the emailing thing.
    ALSO is there a way to save a video to my phone that someone emails me?
    /media/internal/DCIM/100PALM/
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    You can use Window's Import Wizard which pops up when you connect your phone.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    What do you guys use to view the videos on your PC?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Windows Media Player... what else? I kid of course, I know of many if not all of the alternatives but there's really nothing wrong with WMP, especially version 12 that ships with Windows 7.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter